Private Sofia Walking Tour
OverviewTake a walking tour of Sofia and discover the city's history.
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide in central Sofia in the late morning, and set out to explore the historical center. On route, uncover Sofias pastand learn about city life from your guide.
Visit the 4th-century St. George Rotunda: Sofias oldest preserved building. Viewthis Roman-built circular church, and admire its medieval interior frescoes.
See the nearby Presidency building, and pass other landmarks including the 16th-century Banya Bashi Mosque and 19th-century Cathedral Church of St. Nedelya, hearing about the tragic event that occurred here in 1925.
Admire the National Theater and National Gallery in the former Royal Palace, and see the gold-domed St. Nikolas Russian Church. Pass the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and National Assembly Square, home to a statue of the King Liberator Russian Tsar Nicholas II, who liberated Bulgaria from the Ottomans in the 1870s.
Inspect Arnoldo Zocchis 1907 equestrian statue, and see attractions including the Holy Synod, St. Sofia Church, and National Gallery for Foreign Art.
As another highlight, visit Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Sofias showpiece, and one of the worlds largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals. Absorb the monumental exteriorand marble-, onyx- and alabaster-laden interior as you learn its history.
Your tour ends at around 1pm at St. George Rotunda when your guide departs.
Inclusions for Private Sofia Walking Tour
- Private walking tour
- Professional guide
- Admission to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and St. George Rotunda Church
Exclusions for Private Sofia Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.