Enjoy a private day trip along the south coast of Iceland with just you and your friends or family and your own private guide. This private tour is tailored to your interests and needs and you can influence the pace of the tour. The tour stops at Seljalandsfoss waterfall, SÃ³lheimajÃ¶kull Glacier, SkÃ³gafoss waterfall and DyrhÃ³laey black sand beach.Â You can also choose to include some additional stops on the day, for example GljÃºfrabÃºi waterfall, NauthÃºsagil, DC-3 plane wreck - a popular choice for photographers.
Your tour includes round-trip transportation to and from your accommodation.
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourAn 8:30am departure time is recommended for your tour; however, your tour is flexible and you can choose your preferred pickup time.
Your tour is fully-private, operated just for your party with your own private guide. Your tour includes pickup and drop-off at your hotel or apartment in Reykjavik, an English-speaking driver/guide, WiFi, water bottles and entrance fees. While lunch is not included in the tour, we can stop at a local restaurant or diner according to your preferences where you can purchase lunch. Make sure to bring warm clothes, good shoes (hiking shoes are ideal) and a camera.
Your tour begins by driving along highway 1 through HveragerÃ°i and Selfoss towards the South Coast. First stop is at theÂ base of the volcano with the 'unpronounceable' name - EyjafjallajÃ¶kull - that brought most of Europe's air trafficÂ to a standstill in 2010 when it erupted and created a large ash cloud. Next you will visit a photogenic waterfall called Seljalandsfoss. From here your guide will take you to some other less-known waterfalls and caves depending on the season and weather conditions.
You will also visit the SkÃ³agoss waterfall, another big and photogenic waterfall.
Next up you may visit a glacier called SÃ³lheimajÃ¶kull, where you can take a walk up to the glacier and also obtain help from a local tour guide to walk on the glacier if you wish.
Finally, to top off the day, you will end with a visit to some black sand beaches (DyrhÃ³laey)Â and if luck is on your side, you just might see some puffins.
In short, the south coast of Iceland isÂ truly spectacular and not to be missed. There are so many places to see and visit,Â with an expert tour guide you will find the places and activities that fit you and your group the best.
When your tour concludes, you will be returned to your accommodation or preferred location.
Inclusions for Private South Iceland Day Trip From Reykjavik
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private South Iceland Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.