From USD 85
OverviewThis tour will introduce you to three of the most famous Cathedrals of Saint Petersburg. On your way you will see plenty of other attractions too including amazing panoramas, monuments, historical buildings and the so called "St Petersburg golden triangle". This walking tour is around 3km in total, but if you need a break in the middle, why not stop and try some delicious and famous "pyshki". You also have an option to choose tour option with comfortable transportation included for your complete satisfaction.
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourThe tour starts off with you being greeted by your guide in your hotel lobby. Enjoy the city's scenery while walking or driving (depending on the tour options you selected) from your hotel to the closest cathedral. The route will be customized depending on your hotel location. A private guide will accompany you throughout the duration of the tour and you will also be provided with free compliments such as city maps, bottles of water, rain coats (in case of rain) and farewell gifts.
The first Cathedral, Saint Isaac Cathedral is a great work of the late period of classical architecture. It used to be the principal place of worship in Saint Petersburg before the October Revolution of 1917. Having been built between 1818 and 1858, St Isaac Cathedral is one of the major achievements in Russian construction techniques of that time. The cathedral is richly decorated with sculptures, high reliefs, oil paintings and mosaics. St.Isaac's is also famous as a museum of minerals, because it's interior walls are covered with rare sorts of marble, malachite, lapis-lazuli etc. You will be invited to climb the cathedral colonnade and contemplate St. Petersburg from above with a bird's eye view.
The second place of interest is the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood, a rare example of a traditional Russian church. The church was built on the spot where the Russian emperor Alexander II was assassinated in 1881. This Church is really unique, because it is decorated with 7000 square metres of mosaics. The magnificent tent canopy is made of greyish-violet and greenish jasper, lapis-lazuli and rhodonite.
Lastly you will get to see the main cathedral of the city, Kazan Cathedral which is located in Nevsky Prospect. Whilst the first two cathedrals of the tour have been turned into museums, Kazan Cathedral is still an active orthodox church.
Inclusions for Private St Petersburg Cathedrals Tour With Skip-the-Line Tickets
- Professional private guide service
- Express pass entry to St. Isaac Cathedral + Colonade & Church of the Spilled Blood (depends on tour option)
- Comfortable transportation with a business class car (If tour option is chosen)
- Professional & experienced driver (If tour option is chosen)
- Hotel pick-up
- Bottles of water
- Rain coats (in case of raining)
- City maps
- Farewell gift
Exclusions for Private St Petersburg Cathedrals Tour With Skip-the-Line Tickets
- Transportation (if option with a car is not selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.