Private Sugarloaf Mountain And Tijuca Forest TourWrite a Review
Visit two of the most iconic locations in Rio, Sugarloaf Mountain and the famous Tijuca Forest during this 5-hour private and professionally guided tour. Get picked up from your hotel, the airport (additional cost), or your desired location in a private car or van and head off to see come of the most incredible view Rio de Janeiro has to offer. Hop on a cable car and ride into the clouds surrounding the famous Sugarloaf Mountain, a peak reaching nearly 1,300 feet. You will get a bird's eye view of Rio, Guanabara Bay, the city of Niteroi, and the crystalline blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean, as long as the sky is clear and the clouds do not block your view. Afterwards, explore the lush interior of one of the largest urban forests in the world, Tijuca. This tour is designed for nature-loving people who want to enjoy a different side of Rio de Janeiro.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
After you are picked up from your hotel, the airport (additional cost), or your desired location around 8am, you will make your way to one the most famous attractions in Rio, the outstanding Sugarloaf Mountain. Hop into a cable car and observe in amazement as you ride up the peak, which reaches nearly 1,300 feet. During this time, you’ll have the opportunity to take in some of Rio de Janeiro’s most breathtaking geography such as Guanabara Bay, the city of Niteroi, and the crystalline blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Afterwards you will make your way over to the Tijuca Forest.
Here you will be able to see spectacular mountainous views from Vista Chinesa as well as beautiful waterfalls such as the Taunay waterfall. Take some time to stop by the Visitor center and then continue through the forest. If you look closely, you may witness some unique animals in their natural habitat, including Saguis and Capuchin monkeys, toucans, hawks, frigates, quatis (Brazilian raccoon), and numerous exotic plants. As the tour comes to an end, you will be returned back to your original departure point.
This tour will spend about 2-hours at each attraction and about 1-hour for travel time approximately. A booking of 1 to 4 travelers will be transported in a private car with air conditioning and heat. A booking of 4+ travelers will be transported in a larger van. Lunch is optional (at the customer’s own expense) and a stop at a local restaurant can be made.
Inclusions for Private Sugarloaf Mountain And Tijuca Forest Tour
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by car or van
- Airport pickup (additional cost) by car or van
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Sugarloaf Mountain And Tijuca Forest Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Comfortable walking shoes and soft clothing is recommended
Personal photography is allowed
Level of strenuousness: suitable for all ages
Professional tour guide and driver
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.