This private Taj Mahal day tour gives you the opportunity to make a pilgrimage to the Taj Mahal, India's most famous architectural wonder. This guided tour gives you insight into Agra, a city famous for its Unesco World Heritage sites which include the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. On this tour, you will visit the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Mehtab Bagh.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All-inclusive tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourEnjoy a memorable day at the Taj Mahal in this day trip from Delhi!
6:30am - Morning pick-up from your hotel in Delhi, Gurgaon or Noida or from the Delhi Airport (contact the local operator after booking to confirm your pick-up location). Then you will be driven 3 hrs via the express highway to the City of Taj Mahal where your adventure begins.
9:30am - Arrive at Agra where your tour guide will be waiting for you in a hotel lobby. He will brief you on your upcoming sightseeing tour, you can use the hotel washrooms to get yourself refreshed before you start your sightseeing.
10am - Visit the legendary Taj Mahal (a Unesco World Heritage Site). No trip to Agra would be complete without a visit to this shimmering vision of domes and minarets. The world's best-known tomb stands testimony to the timeless love story of the 17th century Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan, and his wife, Queen Mumtaz Mahal.
12pm - Visit the imposing Agra Fort (a Unesco World Heritage Site). Built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D, this huge fort is made of red sandstone. The elegant buildings inside reflect an interesting synthesis of Hindu and Central Asian architectural styles. The maze of the courtyards, mosques & private chambers of the fort echo the story of the Mughal Empire.
1:30pm - Lunch will be provided at a local restaurant.
3pm - Free time for shopping in Agra which is known for its fabulous handicrafts made of marble and soft stone inlay work. The Mughals were great patrons of arts and crafts. Empress Nur Jahan took personal interest in the arts and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Agra's major handicraft products besides inlay work are leatherware, brassware, carpets, jewellery and embroidery work.
5pm - Enjoy a photo tour of the Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh. Also known as The Moonlight Garden, Mehtab Bagh is believed to have been designed by Shah Jahan to view the Taj on moonlight nights, far away from the maddening crowd. The garden complex is situated on the left bank of Yamuna opposite to Taj Mahal. It is a huge square courtyard and is in straight alignment with the Taj Mahal. The forestry plantations and agricultural fields provide a green forecourt to the Taj Mahal and its reflection in Yamuna.
6pm - After a memorable day, you will be driven back to Delhi. Arrive Delhi by 9pm where you will be dropped at your hotel or airport.
Inclusions for Private Taj Mahal And Agra Full-Day Tour From Delhi
- Private tour
- All transfers by exclusive air conditioned private car
- Professional guide in Agra for sightseeing
- Buffet lunch at a local air conditioned restaurant
- Entrances fees of all monuments mentioned in the itinerary
- Battery bus ride at the Taj Mahal from parking up to the monument and back
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Unlimited bottled water
Exclusions for Private Taj Mahal And Agra Full-Day Tour From Delhi
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Camera fees at the monuments
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Dress code is casual
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Not recommended for pregnant women or participants with heart complaints, back problem, or other serious medical conditions
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.