Private Tongli Water Town Day Tour With Boat Ride From Suzhou
OverviewExperience Tongli Ancient Town's beauty and charm on this delightful day tour. Walk around the Retreat and Reflection Garden, one of Tongli's most sought-after classical gardens. Cruise to Luo Xingzhou on a traditional wooden boat. Check out Chongben Hall's wood carvings, walk across the Three Bridges and enjoy impressive views from atop the Pearl Tower.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Meet your private guide upon pickup at the Suzhou railway station or your hotel lobby in Suzhou city. Set out on a full day of sightseeing in the comfort of an air-conditioned private vehicle, and talk with your guide about any particular interests you have so the commentary and itinerary can be customized.
Your day starts at the Retreat and Reflection Garden, a traditional Suzhou-style garden. Built in 1885, it joined Suzhou's other classical gardens in 2001 in becoming a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In spite of the garden's similarities to other standard Suzhou-style layouts, the east-west axis is unique for the region. Your private guide will accompany you along the way, introducing the varied and unique features.
Next, you will visit Luo Xingzhou, a small island town at the heart of Tongli Lake. Regal housing and gardens and ancient bridges and walkways merge to create a magical isle. Cruise the tranquil waters in a traditional wooden boat, taking in the river's vistas before wandering the island town.
Break for lunch at a Chinese restaurant (own expense).
After lunch, visit Chongben Hall to view its intricate collection of wood carvings inspired by the folklore of the Yangtze River Delta. You will also walk around Jiayin Hall, a traditional mansion constructed in 1912. Scattered with engravings depicting "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", a seminal Chinese novel, the complexity and precision of the craftsmanship and carvings in this mansion are simply astounding.
The Pearl Tower tells a tale of Tongli's ancient past, a fascinating story of a man named Fang who through various trials and tribulations eventually received the tower. Riddled with old relics, the structure exudes classical Suzhou architectural flair and overlooks traditional gardens. Climb the tower to enjoy spectacular views from atop.
After that, move on to the next touristspot The Three Bridges. Tongli has more than 50 bridges, however the three most popular are the Taiping, Jili, and Changqing bridges. When celebrating milestones such as births, weddings or birthdays, locals will cross the bridges and pray for health, happiness, and future prosperity. As you walk the bridges, your guide will explain their folklores while you take in the scenery.
End your private tour with a drive back to your hotel or the Suzhou railway station.
Inclusions for Private Tongli Water Town Day Tour With Boat Ride From Suzhou
- Hotel or train station pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned private vehicle
- English and Chinese speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to the attractions listed on the itinerary
- Boat ride
- Bottled water
- Private city transfer
Exclusions for Private Tongli Water Town Day Tour With Boat Ride From Suzhou
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please provide round-trip train itinerary in "special requirement" block if pickup from Suzhou Train Station is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Suzhou Culture Tour 1 Day
- 1 Day Tea Picking by Taihu Lake in Suzhou
- Suzhou Highlights - Rickshaw tour and visit local family
- 1-way Transfer Between Suzhou Downtown and Shanghai Hongqiao Airport At Per Vehicle Pricing
- 1-way Transfer Between Shanghai Pudong Airport and Wuxi Downtown Per Vehicle Price
- 1-way Transfer Between Wuxi airport and Suzhou Downtown Per Vehicle Price
- Private Zhouzhuang Water Town Tour from Suzhou
- Private Garden Exploration Day Tour of Picturesque Suzhou