Private Tour: 2-Day Chengdu Tour With Pandas And Leshan Giant Buddha
OverviewThis two-day private tour in Chengdu is highlighted by cute pandas and Chinas largest Buddha. Chengdu has the most well equipped panda breeding and research center in the world, and at the facility you can come in close contact with the lovely creatures. In addition, you will also see the 71-meter high Leshan Buddha, the biggest Buddha in China.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDay 1: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding - Broad and Narrow Alleys - Jinsha Site Museum
This morning, your guide will pick you up at the lobby of your hotel and take you to visit the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, which is located in a large forest complex with magnificent scenery.
At the breeding complex, there are many different enclosures depending on the ages of pandas (babies, teenagers, adults), and getting up close to these amazing animals is very easy. As you tour the site, you will have many opportunities for fantastic photos when the pandas are munching on bamboo, playing with each other or some even climbing up trees. They are more active in the morning until about 10am, and after that some of them will go to sleep.
You can also get a chance to cuddle a panda if you are interested, but the booking is recommended in advance as there are a limited number of visitors which are allowed to cuddle the pandas every day. In addition, you will need to pay an extra charge for this feature at the site. Two to three hours visiting the research base is needed to see those cute and cuddly pandas.
Then you will turn to the Broad and Narrow Alleys, an ancient street lined with many old houses and some newly-built ones with a traditional style. It is really fun to stroll along the street with a nice atmosphere and find many interesting shops and nice restaurants. You will have your lunch here (own expense), and you can ask for your guide's advice on where to eat. No matter what you want, local specialties or a western-style lunch, they will give you good suggestions.
After that, you will be transferred to visit the Jinsha Site Museum, a huge site museum combining history and archaeology. There are a total of five exhibition halls displaying the culture of the ancient Shu Kingdom during the Shang and Zhou periods (17th century BC - 256 BC). The featured artifacts there are the Golden Sun Bird, which is also the city of Chengdu's logo, and the Golden Mask. Afterwards, you will be transferred back to your hotel. Overnight accommodation is not included
Day 2: Leshan Giant Buddha
After picking you up from your hotel, you will be driven to Leshan. It takes about 2.5 hours to reach the Leshan Giant Buddha scenic area. The highlight of the day is to see the 71-meter high Giant Buddha, which is the largest carving in the world. It was built during the Tang Dynasty (618 - 907 AD) and took three generations of carvers to complete from the year 713 to 803 AD. As the Buddha is carved on a cliff facing by a river bed, you will take a boat to view the amazing statue. After finishing sightseeing here, you will be driven back to your hotel in Chengdu.
Inclusions for Private Tour: 2-Day Chengdu Tour With Pandas And Leshan Giant Buddha
- Entrance fees
- Two bottled water per person per day
- Private guide and driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off on both Day 1 and Day 2
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: 2-Day Chengdu Tour With Pandas And Leshan Giant Buddha
- Overnight accommodation
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Tour of Happy Valley in Chengdu
- Private 5-Day Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou Guided Tour
- 4-Hour Giant Panda Experience Private Tour With Morning Departure In Chengdu
- Half-Day Small Group Best of Chengdu Bike Tour
- Sanxingdui Ruins and Giant Pandas Private Day Tour from Chengdu
- Private Day Tour: Chengdu and Dujiangyan Heritage Sites