Private Tour: 2-Day Temples Of Khajuraho With ASI Museum And Light And Sound ShowWrite a Review
OverviewLet's flee to Khajuraho, a religious haven that will send shivers down your spine with its very aphrodisiac appeal. One of the biggest attractions in North India, the city of Khajuraho is rightly termed as a 'Symbol of Medieval Heritage'. The city encases the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their erotic sculptures that present distinction in artistry and eminence in architectural style.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourDay 1 [D]
Upon arrival to Khajuraho Airport or Railway Station you will be greeted by your driver and transferred to the hotel to check in and relax. Later you will visit the recently opened ASI Museum. That evening visit some local shops and enjoy a light and sound show at Western Group of Temples. After the show your driver will take you to a good local restaurant where you will enjoy dinner before being taken back to your hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 2 [B]
After breakfast your guide and driver will take you to the famous Western Group of Temples. The temples are divided directionally. The Western Group of Temples contains the most accomplished of all the Khajuraho Temples with 84 shikharas, including the Kandariya Mahadeva dedicated to Lord Shiva. It also houses the erotically charged temple of Devi Jagdamba with the sensually carved apsaras and mithunas.
Next you will visit the Eastern Group of Temples. These temples house the largest Jain temple dedicated to Parsvanath. The absence of all sexual motifs in this group highlights the Hindu tradition of withdrawing from the worldly to attain salvation within the self. The temples of Brahma, Hanuman, Javari and Vamana shouldn’t be missed.
Next you will visit the Southern Group of Temples via a local Village. The Southern Group of Temples are only two in number but no less splendid. Duladevo is a later rendition that was built when the creative fecundity of Khajuraho was at its zenith. It departs from the Khajuraho form slightly as it has wooden structures that adds to its grandeur and hearkens an age of newer methods of architecture. The other temple of Chaturbhuja’s claim to fame is the three meter high statue of Vishnu at its heart.
After visiting the temples you will be driven to your hotel to check out and dropped off at Khajuraho Airport or Railway Station. Hotel check-in/Check-out time is 12pm (Early check in & Checkout subject to availability) .
Inclusions for Private Tour: 2-Day Temples Of Khajuraho With ASI Museum And Light And Sound Show
- Overnight accommodation in 5 star Hotel
- Pickup and drop-off at hotels, airport or railway station in Khajuraho
- Entrance fees
- Continental breakfast
- Buffet dinner
- Driver/local guide
- Round-trip private transfer by AC vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: 2-Day Temples Of Khajuraho With ASI Museum And Light And Sound Show
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Note: Although dinner is not included in this product, please note that on December 24th, 25th or 31st the Gala Dinner may be mandatory for most of the hotels in India and also approx. US$30 to US$50 per person additional surcharge may apply. The surcharge should be paid directly to the hotel. Please take it into consideration when planning your trip
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.