Private Tour: 3-Day Desert Tour From Fez To Marrakech - Fes
OverviewCross Morocco the Berber way and experience life outside the city on this private 3-day tour from Fez to Marrakech. Travel through the fertile Saiss plains to the Middle Atlas mountain range with your guide. Discover desert oases and traditional Berber villages along the Todgha River, and visit the holy town of Rissani. Explore the Dads Valley and the Valley of Roses, and watch local workers blending rose-scented perfumes. Trek out into the Sahara Desert on camelback and discover the UNESCO World Heritagelisted At Benhaddou kasbah.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourTravel from Fez through the fertile Saiss plains, where lush palm trees and ancient olive groves thrive. Head deep into the Sahara Desert on camelback with your guide and enjoy traditional Moroccan food under starlit skies. Explore the Atlas mountain range, where local Berber villagers live an altogether slower pace of life outside the cities. Take a walk out along the banks of the Todgha River, and discover UNESCO-listed heritage at the famous At Benhaddou kasbah. Selected meals and overnight accommodation in a desert camp and 3-star hotel included.
Inclusions for Private Tour: 3-Day Desert Tour From Fez To Marrakech
- Private driver-guide
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight accommodation in a Sahara desert camp and at a 3-star hotel in Boulmane Dades
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan or 4x4
Exclusions for Private Tour: 3-Day Desert Tour From Fez To Marrakech
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Additional local guides
Itinerary:Day 1: Fez – Midelt – Erg Chebbi (D)Following a morning pickup from your accommodation in Fez, head out through the fertile Saiss plains to the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas mountain range in your private, air-conditioned minivan.
Stop for lunch in Midelt (own expense), then continue along the mighty Ziz River where lush palm groves lie among fortified kasbahs (traditional Moroccan fortresses). Travel through the oasis towns of Erfoud and Merzouga, then pick up your camel train in Erg Chebbi and follow your guide by camel into the Sahara Desert.
Soak up the incredible views as the sun sets over the Saharan dunes. Then, arrive at a desert camp, your base for the night, and sit down to a traditional Moroccan dinner while local nomads play traditional folk songs.
Overnight: Erg Chebbi desert camp
Day 2: Erg Chebbi – Tinghir – Boumalne du Dadès (B, D) Perhaps wake early to catch the desert sunrise before breakfast, then visit the holy town of Rissani, the birthplace of Moulay Ali Cherif — founder of Morocco’s ruling Alaouite Dynasty.
Hop into your air-conditioned minivan and head to the oasis of Tinghir in the foothills of the High Atlas mountain range. Take a 1-hour walk along the Todgha River and admire lush palm trees and olive groves growing by the riverbanks. Visit Berber villages with your guide and learn of the locals’ traditional lifestyle, then head on to the magnificent Todgha Gorge for lunch (own expense).
In the afternoon, drive out through the Dadès Valley along the famous ‘Road of 1,000 Kasbahs.’ Visit one of the region’s ancient kasbahs and gain insight into the role it has played in the region’s history, then head on to your guest house in Boumalne du Dadès for dinner and your overnight accommodation.
Overnight: 3-star hotel in Boumalne du Dadès.
Day 3: Boumalne du Dadès – Skoura – Marrakech (B) After breakfast at your hotel, travel out by minivan through the Valley of Roses to Kelaa Mgouna, a famous rose plantation. Visit one of the rose-growing cooperatives and learn how workers blend distilled rose water with rose-scented perfumes.
Continue on past the date trees and palm groves of the Skoura oasis to Kasbah Amridil and listen as your guide details its construction and history. Travel through Ouarzazate — also known as ‘The Gate of The Sahara’ — and onward for lunch (own expense) at the UNESCO-listed Aït Benhaddou kasbah. Explore the kasbah with your guide and hear of the many famous films and photo shoots in which it has featured over the years.
In the afternoon, take the Tizi-n-Tichka through the Atlas mountain range, where rural Berber villagers herd their flocks the way they have for centuries.
In the early evening, arrive back at your riad or hotel in Marrakech, where your 3-day tour will come to an end.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children under 5 years old
Good walking shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
Drinking water is not provided but is available to purchase along the way
Accommodation at the desert camp will be in a private tent with shared bathroom facilities
3-star hotel accommodation is in single, double or twin rooms with private bathroom facilities
Bedding is provided in the desert camp so there is no need to bring a sleeping bag
Long trousers are recommended for the camel ride because the saddles can cause skin irritation
A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended. It can be cold at night and in the winter so please bring appropriate clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Camel Trekking in the Moroccan Sahara Desert from Fez
- ALI BABA TOUR Fes Marrakech 3 days 3 nights
- MARRAKECH 2 DAY TRIP TO FEZ VIA IMPERIAL CITIES OF RABAT AND MEKNES
- Desert tour from Fes to Marrakech (4 Nights 4 Days)
- Full-Day Volubilis and Meknes Private Tour from Fez
- Full-Day Private Tour to Fez from Casablanca
- Private Day Tour from Fes to Volubilis, Morocco
- Fes to Chefchaouen Private Day Tour