Private Tour: 4-Day Great Wall Hiking And Camping From Beijing
OverviewHike on the wild Great Wall near Beijing and overnight in the camp at the campsite near the Wall to enjoy the quiet night in the open air. The trip is ideal for outdoor activists to indulge into the atmosphere of the authentic Great Wall to acquire an unusual travel experience. This tour will take you visit the Great Wall Gubeikou, Tou Liang, Lao Dong Po and Simatai in 4 days.
- All-inclusive tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDay 1 Beijing - Great Wall Gubeikou (L,D)
9:00AM your guide will pick up you at your hotel lobby in Beijing. Transferred for 2-3 hours to Great Wall at Gubeikou.
After lunch commence hiking on the Great Wall. The highest beacon tower is 670 meters in elevation. Ground elevation is 180 meters. Total hiking distance today: 5.5 miles, total ascent: 515 meters. Hiking time is 3 hours, stopping and relaxing time is 1 hour 45 minutes. Todays wall is entirely wild wall. Though most of it is crumbling, one can still feel its grandeur when one is there.
At foothill of the Great Wall, there is a village named Hundred Family Names Village. That is 600 years ago in Ming Dynasty there was a general by the name of Qi Jiguang. He transferred armies from South China to build the great wall. The wall was so well built those days that during the 140 years of General Qi Jiguang and after him, there was never any invasion by Mongolians.
Tour operator's van will pick you up after you finish the afternoon trek and transfer you to your campsite 1.8 miles away.
At your campsite you will have twin share tent, dining tent and toilet tent with hand washing facility. Also you will have table and chairs so you can sit and chat, drinking beer and enjoying the landscape.
Day 2 Gubeikou/Tou Liang (B,L,D)
Breakfast of local corn porridge, boiled eggs and a very delicious local pancake, bread, coffee and tea. Todays walk will be around the inner circle of the Great Wall. This is the 2nd defense in case the main wall was breached. Again it is wild wall. There will be lush vegetation view. You will have your picnic lunch on the wall. In the afternoon, you will continue your hike from Gubeikou to Village Tou Liang along the wild wall.
Overnight camping in Village Tou Liang.
Hiking distance: 13 miles
Total ascent: 1100 meters
Hiking time: 6 hours
Rest time: 2 hours
Day 3 Tou Liang/Lao Dong Po (B,L,D)
Todays wall is almost completely rebuilt and one can feel its grandeur.
Overnight in campsite of Village Lao Dong Po.
Hiking distance: 4.77 miles
Total ascent: 697 meters
Hiking time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Rest time: 3 hours
Day 4 Simatai/Beijing (B,L)
Visit Wang Jing Tower (Watching Beijing Tower). Atop there is a birds eye view of the surrounding mountains and if visibility is good enough people say you can see Beijing City.
Total hiking distance: 3.88 miles
Total ascent: 539 meters
Moving time: 1 hour 47 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour 29 minutes
You will have lunch back at your campsite and in the afternoon you will be transferred back to Beijing. Trip finishes after drop off at your hotel in Beijing.
(B= breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Inclusions for Private Tour: 4-Day Great Wall Hiking And Camping From Beijing
- 3 nights camping as per itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Unlimited drinking water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: 4-Day Great Wall Hiking And Camping From Beijing
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Three-Day Beijing Tour Package By Coach With Lunch Inclusive
- Beijing Private Night Walking Tour: Qianmen Street, Tian'ammen Square and Wangfujing Street
- Full-Day Beijing City Tour
- Private English Tour Guide Service in Beijing
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Beijing One Day Coach Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall Plus Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square Including Lunch