Bangkok's Grand Palace and the temple complex of Wat Phra Kaew belong to some of the most remarkable building complexes in the world. They were founded by King Rama I in 1782 when Bangkok became the new capital of the country. There is one shared entrance to the two sights. Many of the buildings inside the temple area a bear resemblance to earlier Ayutthaya buildings. The great , golden chedi Phra Si Ratana contains a piece of bone of the Buddha, and the particularly beautifully ornamented chedi next to Phra Mondhop is a library of scriptures. The two biggest buildings are the Bot and the Pantheon. The Bot houses the most sacred statue in Thailand-The Emerald Buddha ,which is 66 centimeters tall, cut from one single piece of jade and resting on the platform 11 meters above the floor. The statue is thought to be from the 15th century. At the time, is was placed in Chiang Rai in northern Thailand. On its way to Bangkok , the statue has been in Lampang, Chiang Mai and Vientiane. At the beginning of each of the three Thai seasons ( summer ,rainy and winter season) , the King changes the clothes of the Buddha at a grest ceremony. Originally , the Pantheon should have housed the Emerald Buddha. Gigures of Chakki Kings are now display here.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
Morning tour : 9.00 am Afternoon tour : 13.00 pm Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Pick up from your hotel in the major area.
Return Details :
Drop off at your hotel in the major area.
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Bangkoks Grand Palace and the temple complex of Wat Phra Kaew belong to some of the most remarkable building complexes in world. They were founded by King Rama 1 in 1782 when Bangkok became the new capital of the country.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You Might Also Like
- Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok
- Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour
- Private Tour: Bangkok Temples Including Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- Private Tour: Thai Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai Tour from Bangkok
- Bangkok Food Tour
- Shore Excursion: Full-day Bangkok City Tour from Laem Chabang Port
- Bangkok's Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew Tour
- Private Tour: Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Day Trip from Bangkok