Private Tour: Ajanta Caves Day Tour In Aurangabad
OverviewThis private tour will take you to visit Ajanta's wondrous cave temples, a World Heritage site, that cut the rocks into a dramatic crescent-shaped gorge. On the top the gorge, there is a beautiful waterfall that drops over the mountain rim in a series of seven steps to a pool below. It is dated back to the 2nd century B.C. covering a span of 800 years and during the period professional artists helped Buddhist monks to create magnificent murals narrating the story of Buddha in his cycle of incarnations. The caves are etched and painted with vegetable and mineral dyes and the paintings have languorous beauty and magical eloquence.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Editor's Pick
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your hotel lobby in Aurangabad 8 am and start your full-day excursion to Ajanta Caves (arrive by 10:30 am). These 2nd century caves are considered great achievements by Buddhist monks. You will see beautiful frescoes, wall paintings and vivid sculptures that reflect the peak of ancient Indian art and architecture. The horseshoe shaped gorge has 30 caves dividend in two phases.
At 2:00 pm after sightseeing you can choose the cuisine and restaurant your are interested for lunch at your own cost. The tour will end at 03:00 pm and sit back and relax on the drive back to your hotel or airport in Aurangabad (arrive by 5:00 pm).
Inclusions for Private Tour: Ajanta Caves Day Tour In Aurangabad
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Aurangabad City limits
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Tour: Ajanta Caves Day Tour In Aurangabad
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions section
- Tips (optional)
- Airport Transfers
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Group discount is available for group size of 2, 4, 8 or more
This private tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.