Private Tour: Akshardham Temple And Spiritual Sites Of Old Delhi
OverviewExplore the top spiritual attractions in the walled city of Old Delhi with a private guide during this 6-hour tour. Begin the day at the surprisingly high-tech Akshardham Temple, and then go back in time at four holy sites in Old Delhi: Jama Masjid, Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, Digambar Jain Lal Mandir and St James Church. You’ll also pass through Chandni Chowk, Delhi’s largest and oldest market, and see the Red Fort from the outside. A private vehicle provides a comfortable ride during the tour.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYour tour starts with morning pickup at your Delhi hotel by a private driver, who takes you to Akshardham Temple for your first stop of the day. This the only attraction you'll visit without your guide, as outside guides aren't allowed but temple staff is available if you have questions or need directions.
Akshardham opened in 2005, displaying an astounding combination of elaborate temple architecture and high-tech exhibits that would be at home in an American-style theme park. You can watch a film about an 18th-century child yogi in an IMAX-type theater; take a boat ride through 10,000 years of Indian history depicted in 3D dioramas; admire a fountain illuminated by music and light displays; and be wowed by a chorus of robotics, sound effects and fiber optics that detail the temple gurus life story.
When you leave Akshardham, you'll be joined by your private guide who accompanies you for the rest of the day, sharing informative commentary and offering recommendations for rest stops and food, as needed (you can decide when you want to stop for lunch). Head to the area around Chandni Chowk, aka the moonlit bazaar, the oldest and busiest market in Old Delhi and one of the biggest wholesale markets in India. You'll arrive at India's largest mosque, Jama Masjid, which holds about 25,000 people. The grand mosque was finished in 1656 for the fifth Mughal Emperor of India, Shah Jahan, who also built the Red Fort in Delhi and the Taj Mahal in Agra.
Your next stop is Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, one of nine historic gurdwaras (Sikh centers of worship) in Delhi. Hear about its bloody history from your guide, and then admire the stunning red sandstone towers of Digambar Jain Lal Mandir, the oldest Jain temple in Delhi. A bird hospital operates here, rehabilitating injured birds in accordance with the Jain principle that all life is sacred.
Finally, stop by St James Church, an Anglican church built in 1836. It served as the church for the Viceroys of India for about 100 years. Youll also see the exterior of the Red Fort, and if time allows, your guide can show you the spice market before your day tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Akshardham Temple And Spiritual Sites Of Old Delhi
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guide for the rest of the tour after Akshardham
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Delhi city hotels only)
- One bottled water per person
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Akshardham Temple And Spiritual Sites Of Old Delhi
- Guide at Akshardham
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Shoes must be removed at most places of worship
Please dress modestly; arms and legs must be covered at places of worship
Some places of worship will require your head to be covered; a scarf or a handkerchief will be enough, and headgear will be available at these locations, as well
Comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen are recommended
Cameras and mobile phones are not allowed inside Akshardham Temple; these devices can be held for you at the cloakroom before entry
If your tour falls on a day that has a religious significance, places of worship may be very crowded on these occasions
Pickup and drop-off at the Delhi airport is possible for this tour; you may contact the local tour operator after booking if you want to arrange this
Overall duration of the tour may vary depending on traffic conditions and the time spent at each site
Your guide is committed to minimizing our carbon footprint. For every tour, they pay a fee out of pocket to offset the carbon emissions created by the transportation used on this tour. Those funds go to organizations working toward a greener future
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.