Private Tour: Amphawa Floating Market And Temples From Bangkok
OverviewJoin this afternoon-only tour for a cultural experience like no other. Visit Wat Chulamanee, Wat Bangkoong and the Amphawa Floating Market also known as the River Walk.On the weekend the Amphawa Canal brims with boats loaded with drinks like O-Liang (Thai iced black coffee) and food such as fried sea mussels, noodles, and sweets for you to enjoy. There are also bank-side wheelbarrows that odder goods for you to look at.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourYour day will begin with a pickup form your hotel. You will then be taken to Wat Chulamanee.
This ancient temple sits on the canal-side where the Amphawa Canal converges with the Phi Lok Canal. The temple was built in the Ayutthaya period during the late reign of King Prasatthong. The back of the temple once contained the residence of KhunNak (or Queen Ammarinthramat of King Rama I) and KhunBunrot (Queen Si Suriyenthramat of King Rama II).
We will then take a visit to Wat Bangkoong, honored as one of the unseen temples of Thailand. Wat Bangkoong is a Buddhist temple with a large statue of Nin Mani Buddha inside. Locals and people from further afield come to worship here to honor Luang Phor Dum from the late Ayutthaya kingdom and enjoy the existence of root wood. There is also a mural showing late the Ayutthaya kingdom with Buddha's stories.
Finally, you will be taken to the Amphawa Floating Market – also known as the River Walk. This afternoon-only floating market is located near a temple, Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram. On the weekends, the Amphawa Canal brims with boats loaded with drinks like O-Liang (Thai iced black coffee) and food such as fried sea mussels, noodles, and sweets. Bank-side wheelbarrows also offer goods for sale. Visitors can explore the market, tasting the local food, as well as hire a boat at night to watch as pretty fireflies light up the air.
In 2008, the Khlong Amphawa community was granted an Honorable Mention Award from the UNESCO Asia–Pacific Heritage Awards for Culture Heritage Conservation as a result of its efforts to preserve the local culture and architecture.
Once the tour is complete, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Amphawa Floating Market And Temples From Bangkok
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Amphawa Floating Market And Temples From Bangkok
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Suvarnabhumi airport to Don Muang Airport
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Huahin Hotel
- Bangkok Dinosaur Planet Theme Park
- Van on disposal within Bangkok area
- Bangkok Hotel to Koh Chang Hotel SIC
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport - Bangkok Hotel
- Hua Hin Hotel to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangkok Airport Shared Arrival Transfer