OverviewThis private walking tour shows you some of Amsterdams highlights from a local's perspective. With a knowledgeable private guide by your side, learn about the city's traditional houseboat culture at the Houseboat Museum, see the Van Gogh Museum in the famous Museum District, enjoy typical Dutch snacks, and wander Albert Cuyp, the largest street market in the Netherlands. You'll also see the Anne Frank House and Vondelpark.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourYou’ll be picked up from your Amsterdam hotel or Dam Square at your pre-determined time and taken to the tour starting point. This tour can be taken in English, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese; simply advise at the time of booking which language you prefer.
Start with a tram ride to the Jordaan district, a former working class area that’s now an upscale hub full of students, art galleries, specialty shops and markets, as well as some of the city’s main attractions, including the Anne Frank House and West Kirk (West Church).
You've probably seen the slew of houseboats lining Amsterdam's canals. In Jordaan, you'll get an in-depth look at the story behind the city's houseboat culture at the Houseboat Museum.
Next, head to the lively area of Leidseplein to try a typical Dutch 'window' snack — these 'windows' are unique vending machines that sell hot food like kroket (deep fried veal croquette). It may sound strange, but it's a must-try!
Continue to the Museum District, home to several world-famous museums including the Van Gogh Museum and Rjiksmuseum, as well as the Vondelpark.
Your last stop is a favorite of locals and tourist alike: Albert Cuyp, the largest street market in the Netherlands. Wandering the market's maze of aisles and vendors, you'll find everything from fresh produce to trendy clothing.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Amsterdam City Walking Tour
- Customizable tour with private guide
- Entrance to Houseboat Museum (limited availability only during winter months)
- Dutch snack
- One-way tram ride
Exclusions for Private Tour: Amsterdam City Walking Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Visit of the Van Gogh Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Tour operates in all weather conditions
Good walking shoes recommended
Tour can be operated in English, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.