Private Tour: Ancient Temples Of Belur, Halebid, Shravanabelagola From Bangalore - BengaluruWrite a Review
OverviewDiscover the ancient cities of Belur, Halebeedu and Shravanabelagola on this day tour from Bangalore. Visit some of the oldest temples, constructed during Hoysala dynasty, learn the stories behind these monuments, some of which are around 1,000 years old and get to know about the Hindu gods worshiped in these temples. Admire the rare ancient sculptures that depicts scene from Hindu mythologies, dating back to the golden ages in India.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up at 7:30am from your hotel for this tour. During the trip you will visit the Hoysala period temples of Belur, Halebeedu and witness Asia’s tallest monolithic stone statue of Gomateshwara at Shravanabelagola, which is a prominent Jain pilgrimage center.
After reaching Yediyur village, enjoy your breakfast with local Idli and Dosa. Then, proceed to Shravanabelagola, famous for its great statue of Lord Gomateswara, situated in Manjunath Temple in Dharmasthala. The statue symbolizes renunciation, self-control, and subjugation of ego as the primary steps towards salvation.
Make a stop for lunch at a local restaurant and then, you will be transferred to Belur, located in Hassan district. Visit the Chennakeshava temple which is a fine example of Hoysala architecture. It was consecrated by the famous Hoysala king Vishnuvardhana to mark his victories in 1116 AD against the Cholas. Later, drive to Halebeedu which was the ancient capital of Hoysala dynasty. 'Halebeedu' actually means 'ruined city' as it was ruined by the Moghul sultanate twice. Visit the famous Hoysaleshwara temple which is comprised of two shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva. The walls of the temple have carvings of different deities of Hindu mythology and stories from Mahabharata, Ramayana and Puranas.Afterward. Once this tour is over you will be transferred back to your hotel in Bangalore.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Ancient Temples Of Belur, Halebid, Shravanabelagola From Bangalore
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast in local South Indian style restaurant
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Ancient Temples Of Belur, Halebid, Shravanabelagola From Bangalore
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Lunch (at your own expense)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.