Private Tour: Ancient Underground City Of Wiang Kum Kam And Doi Suthep Temple From Chiang Mai
OverviewWiang Kum Kam is one of Chiang Mais hidden attractions, buried from years of flooding because of its low-lying location. Join our day tour with experience local guide and explore this ancient city and learn some history of Lanna culture. Enjoy panoramic view of Chiang Mai city from Temple of the Golden Mountain and Doi Suthep Temple. Lunch and round-trip hotel transportation is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet a driver at your Chiang Mai hotel for 8:30am departure to Wiang Kum Kam, a 13th-century Lanna capital that was abandoned for centuries. You'll see temples spread across the village of Chang Kam, and stop to see Wat I Khang, Wat Chedi Liam, and Wat Phra That Doi Kham Temple, the Temple of the Golden Mountain.
You'll see an enormoussandstone Buddha image that's covered with gold, along with the clay Phra Sam Hom.Take some photos or visit the temple to pray, and take in the houses of gods and goddesses that surround the pagoda.
Pause for lunch in a local restaurant, then continue to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, where 306 steps lead to a golden pagoda with views across the mountains. Learn the legend of Lord Buddha's shoulder bone and the pagoda's founding, and follow the story of Buddha's life through a series of colorful murals.
Following your time atWat Phra That Doi Suthep, begin the return trip to Chiang Mai, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Ancient Underground City Of Wiang Kum Kam And Doi Suthep Temple From Chiang Mai
- Entrance fees
- Private tour with driver/guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Ancient Underground City Of Wiang Kum Kam And Doi Suthep Temple From Chiang Mai
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is formal
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Chiang Mai Airport
- Private Transfer: Chiang Mai Airport to Four Seasons Hotel Arrival Transfer
- Full-Day Leisure River Kayaking into Mae Taeng Forest Reserve from Chiang Mai
- Full-Day Kayaking River Trip Northern Thailand Jungle from Chiang Mai
- Full-Day Jungle Kayak Mae Wang Rock Hopper Trip from Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai International Airport Arrival Shared Transfer
- Chiang Mai International Airport Departure Shared Transfer
- Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class in Chiang Mai