Private Tour: Aranjuez From Madrid
OverviewSet out on a wonderful private tour which will take you to one of the Royal seats of the Spanish Monarchy, crisscrossed by two rivers, and which has the honorific of ‘villa'.
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourStart your tour from your centrally located hotel in Madrid and head out 50 Km to the south where the great villa of Aranjuez lies. This is the most southerly city of the province.
Once you are there, you will have the opportunity of visiting some of the following most interesting sites in town.
The Prince’s Garden
In fact, it is not just one garden, but several. With a 7 Km perimeter and covering 150 hectares. It is one of the largest gardens in Spain, 32 hectares bigger than El Retiro Park in Madrid.
It is a landscaped garden that follows the English and French fashions of the end of the 18th century, although there are some older elements, such as the ‘Spring Garden’ and the ‘Pier of King Fernando VI'.
The Prince’s Garden is surrounded by the river Tajo, and along the paths are a great number of plant species, many of them brought from distant lands.
Its most important architectural works are the garden gates, the Apollo fountain, the ‘Chinescos’ pond, and the ‘Labrador’ house.
Royal Felucca Museum
It is situated inside the Prince’s Garden, and it contains one of the most spectacular collection of boats used by the Spanish monarchs to navigate the river Tajo.
Aranjuez Royal Palace
In the 16th century, Philip II of Spain ordered the old ‘Maestral’ house of Aranjuez to be replaced by a new building which became the foundation of the present Royal Palace.
The work was never completed, and the site was virtually abandoned until the reign of Philip V of Spain in the 18th century. Later, successive monarchs extended and renovated the building.
During your tour of the Royal Palace of Aranjuez you can visit the following:
The Musicians’ Antechamber - the Throne Room - the Arab Salon - the Porcelain Room - the Queen’s Bedroom - the Dance Hall - the Banqueting Room - the Hall of Mirrors - the King’s Office - the Salon of Chinese Art..
The Parterre Garden
The garden lies next to the east façade of the Royal Palace.
It is laid out in the French-style, and is also known as ‘Little Versailles’. It contains some spectacular fountains, such as Hercules and Anteus, the goddess Ceres, and the Nereids. Among its attractions special mention must be made of the Chilean Auracaria pine, or Monkey Puzzle tree, an specimen in the province of Madrid.
The Island Garden
Can be reached via the Parterre garden.
This garden is so-called as it is surrounded by the river Tajo, and separated from the Palace on its southern side by an artificial stream, which forms the famous ‘Castanets Cascade’.
It is an example of an Italian-Flemish renaissance garden. Its fountains recall Greek mythology: the fountains of Venus, Apollo, Bacchus, etc.
It has a enormous size and a semi-open aspect.
Its name is derived from the paired ‘horse dancing’, which was avidly watched from the balconies of the buildings that enclose it.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Aranjuez From Madrid
- Price per vehicle (not per person)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Child/infant safety seats available for no extra charge
- Transport by private Mercedes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
Exclusions for Private Tour: Aranjuez From Madrid
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation will be sent at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case, confirmation of availability will be sent within 48 hours whenever possible.
You will travel in a luxury Mercedes Benz (car, minivan, or 8-passenger van).
Price per vehicle (not per person).
A maximum of 8 people per booking.
All drivers speak English and Spanish. And some of them speak French as well.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.