Discover the breathtaking scenery and delicious wine of ArrÃ¡bida during a half-day or full-day tour from Lisbon. In the company of a private guide, leave the city behind and witness the wild beauty of the Portuguese countryside. Tour a wine cellar or two in the ArrÃ¡bida region and lock your lips on several local vintages. Stop for stunning photo opportunities at locations including Palmela Castle, ArrÃ¡bida Natural Park and at the Christ the King (Cristo Rei) monument overlooking Lisbon. Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide throughout.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourStart with pickup from your Lisbon hotel in the morning or early afternoon, depending on option selected. Cross over the Vasco da Gama Bridge, the longest in Europe, and wave goodbye to Lisbon as you travel south toward the lush green Arrábida Natural Park, located on the shore of the Sado Estuary. As you cruise along the roads, hear your private guide explain more about this beautiful winemaking region.
At the edge of the Arrábida mountain range, stop in the small town of Palmela. Ascend the fortified castle — a former Moorish stronghold — around which the village is built and take in astounding views of the surrounding peaks and farmland, as well as of Lisbon and the coastline. Hop back into the car and continue the journey with your guide, weaving through the slopes of the forested Arrábida range.
Call into an intimate family-owned winery in the heart of the protected park. Explore the cellars, before raising four local wines to your lips during a tasting session. Before leaving the park, stop at the highest point, a 1,640-foot (500-meter) peak to snap some photos and take in the verdant vistas.
Return to Lisbon, stopping briefly at the Christ the King monument, which — just like its famous namesake statue in Rio de Janeiro — overlooks the city. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off back at your Lisbon hotel.
Full-Day Tour Upgrade (8 Hours)After pickup from your Lisbon accommodation in the morning, follow the same itinerary as the half-day tour.
Instead of leaving Arrábida Natural Park for Lisbon, continue on to the fishing village of Sesimbra, which is situated at the foothills of the adjacent mountains on the Atlantic coast. Perhaps sit down for lunch in one of the town’s restaurants (own expense), before enjoying free time to lounge on the beautiful golden sand beach.
Next up is the pretty village of Azeitao, also located in the foot of the Arrábida hills amid olive and cork trees. Call into a local wine cellar, where you can try the region’s renowned sweet muscatel wine and a red variety.
Travel back to Lisbon with your private guide, stopping to soak up the city views from the Christ the King monument. Your tour ends with a drop-off back at your accommodation in Lisbon.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Arrábida Day Trip From Lisbon Including Wine Tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 4 wine tastings (If half-day option selected)
- 6 wine tastings (If full-day option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Arrábida Day Trip From Lisbon Including Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.