OverviewSwap the big city bustle for medieval small-town charms on this private day trip from Rome to Assisi. In the company of your very own driver-guide, travel through the Umbrian hills to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Assisi. See the Church of Santa Chiara, the birthplace and childhood home of St Francis of Assisi, as well as the town hall square and the Roman Temple of Minerva. After lunch (own expense), visit the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli. Enjoy personalized attention from a private driver-guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDepart from Rome in early morning and head for the gentle Umbrian hills. Cross the lush Tiber valley and pass along the Via Flaminia, once a major Roman road. Look out for medieval villages, including Orte and Deruta, which are scattered throughout the green countryside.
Upon arrival, take a walking tour around the lanes of the quiet UNESCO World Heritage-listed town. As you walk, your private guide will explain the significance of the town's churches and attractions, and their connections to the treasured Italian patron saint, St Francis of Assisi.
Discover why the saint is held in such high esteem, and find out where he is believed to have been born and where he spent his early childhood. Stop to explore the Church of Santa Chiara, which is dedicated to another Catholic saint from Assisi who was a contemporary and protégé of St Francis.
Marvel at the beauty of the picture-perfect town square, Piazza del Commune, which is dominated by a 13th-century palace, known as Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo. Visit the nearby Roman Temple of Minerva and Assisi's Basilica di San Francesco. The interior here is embellished with remarkable medieval frescoes, many of which depict scenes from the life of St Francis.
In the middle of the day, grab a bite to eat at your leisure (own expense). Afterward, continue on to the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, another popular pilgrimage site near Assisi. See the scared Porziuncola chapel, which was restored by St Francis, and view the site where St Francis died.
In late afternoon, travel back to Rome, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Assisi Day Trip From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking driver-guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Tour: Assisi Day Trip From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable shoes are recommended
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.