Private Tour: Austrian Lakes And Mountains Tour From Salzburg
OverviewSoak in the tranquil beauty of the lovely Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut) on this private tour from Salzburg. See famous lakes including Wolfgangsee and Mondsee as you travel through a verdant mountain landscape. In the historic village of St Wolfgang, visit the setting for the musical comedy 'White Horse Inn' and admire the church's winged Gothic altar. Take a boat ride across Wolfgangsee to St Gilgen, where Mozart's mother was born (boat ride is optional). While you explore the serene Salzburg countryside, learn about the sights and history of the area from your informative guide on this intimate private tour that can be tailored to your interests.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, travel by Mercedes E-Class or minivan from Salzburg to the Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut), an area of crystal-clear lakes, majestic mountains and charming villages. In times past, Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph and his family spent summer vacations in this captivating region. Your informative guide will tell you more about the history of this popular part of Austria as you travel through the countryside.
Pass Fuschlsee (Lake Fuschl) and admire Schloss Fuschl, the gorgeous castle-like hotel on its banks. Next, visit the historic village of St Wolfgang, a small but picturesque market town on the shores of Wolfgangsee, one of Austria's most famous lakes. Visit the church to marvel at the winged Gothic altar by 15th-century Austrian sculptor Michael Pacher, and stop by the White Horse Inn, the setting for a well-known musical comedy about a waiter with an unrequited love for the owner of the inn.
From October through April, enjoy coffee and cake at the White Horse Inn with its lovely views of Wolfgangsee. In the summer, take a relaxing boat ride across Wolfgangsee to St Gilgen, a small idyllic village where Mozart's mother was born. On the way, admire stunning views of the mountains Schafberg and Zwlferhorn (boat ride and coffee is not included with the package).
Head back toward Salzburg, taking in marvelous views of Mondsee. Since your tour is private, you can ask the guide about including other area attractions you'd like to see and take your time admiring the fantastic scenery. Your half-day trip through one of Austria's most beautiful regions concludes with drop-off at your Salzburg hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Austrian Lakes And Mountains Tour From Salzburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private minivan or Mercedes E-Class
Exclusions for Private Tour: Austrian Lakes And Mountains Tour From Salzburg
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Boat trip across Wolfgangsee (May 1 to October 26) ( 7.40 Euro) if requested
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Boat ride is from St Gilgen to St Wolfgang is 7.40 Euros per person. The ride is approxiamtely 40 minute across the lake to St Wolfgang
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.