OverviewThis private tour explores remote authentic hill tribe villages in Chiang Mai, such as the Hmong and Karen, in a responsible way. Get of the city, and travel into the lush countryside of Chiang Mai, enjoy the nature and explore local life along the way. Travel with a local hill tribe guide, who will open up cultural doors for you to learn about hill tribe culture and way of life, in a non-intrusive and responsible way.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel around 8am and head to Baan Tong Luang village. Here, you will see a variety of hill tribes, such as Karen, Hmong, Akha, Long neck, Big Ear and Palong, it is geared for tourists and requires an entrance ticket (so we offer this as an option), but gives an educational insight into how hill tribes lived traditionally. The tour will be led by a local village guide who is very knowledgeable and offer many information about the places, plants and local culture.
We will then head into the countryside approximately 1.5-hour drive away, enjoy the nature scenery and friendly locals, then stop for local lunch. In the afternoon we will visit several authentic Karen hill tribe villages, it is rare to find such traditional villages in Chiang Mai. Our local hill tribe guide will introduce you to hill tribe culture and way of life.
As we visit in a non-intrusive way and do not fix the time, so we will follow the natural rhythms of village life. We can customize the tour based on your preference and schedule, you can also spend some time with the family in the villages. It is a very unique experience and highlight of our tour.
We will head back to Chiang Mai city after the amazing tour and drop you off at your hotel safely.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Authentic Hill Tribe Villages In Chiang Mai
- Professional local guide and driver
- Transport by private vehicle, 4x4
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Authentic Hill Tribe Villages In Chiang Mai
- Petrol: fill up and pay at the pump along the way, approximately 600 Baht
- Food: it is customary to pay for guide and driver when eating together, they will take you to try local foods
- All entrance fees for optional activities
- Entrance fee to Baan Tong Luang village, 500 Baht
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We cannot guarantee or specify what you can see/do in the village, as the tour follow the natural rhythms of village life
We specialist in visiting authentic areas and experiences. Some visitors are able to catch a festival or see more activities in the village, however we cannot guarantee this activities are available during your visit
Activities are subject to change based on weather, events and other local factors
We can customize the tour as per your request and add additional activities or sights, ie: visit Doi Suthep temple, elephants for additional cost
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Chiang Mai Small-Group Cultural Tour
- Traditional Khantoke Dinner And Show From Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mind And Soul
- Half-Day Lanna Countryside Cycling Tour In Chiang Mai
- Wat Doi Suthep Temple And White Meo Hilltribe Village Half-Day Tour From Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- One-Way Private Arrival Transfer From Chiang Mai Airport To Mae Rim Hotel
- One-Way Private Arrival Transfer From Chiang Mai Airport To Chiang Mai Town Hotel
- Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class In Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai - Half Day Mae Sa Elephants At Work!