Explore Bangalore’s gardens, parks and palaces on a private full-day tour! An exquisite collection of plants in the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens will amaze you, along with a visit to Vidhana Soudha – an impressive government building at the edge of Cubbon Park. See the stunning architecture of Bangalore Palace and Tipu Sultan’s Palace, and learn about Bangalore Fort (Kempegowda's Fort) with your knowledgeable local guide. Enjoy private transport by air-conditioned vehicle with an optional upgrade to include lunch.
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide upon hotel pickup and begin your full-day Bangalore tour by private vehicle. The sequence of sites visited depends on your location and traffic conditions, as well as individual preference. Enjoy special attention from your guide on this private tour, no matter how you choose to see the sights in one of India's largest cities.
Your guide will transport you to Lalbagh Botanical Gardens. The grounds were designed by Hyder Ali, but it was his son Tipu Sultan, the emperor of Mysore, who made the gardens what they are today. Rare tropical plants, trees and herbs flourish throughout the 'Garden City,' a reminder of the more than 1,000 species the sultan imported.
Continue to the Vidhana Soudha, a splendid neo-Dravidian government building that houses the state legislature and the secretariat. This imposing granite building dominates the northern boundary of Cubbon Park and is illuminated in the evening. View the massive sandalwood door of the cabinet room as you explore the site with your guide and learn about its significance.
Take a break for lunch (complimentary or purchased at your own expense -- depending on which option you select). Afterward, head to the city center and visit Bangalore Fort, located opposite the city market. The fort was originally constructed of mud brick in 1537 by Bangalore’s founder Kempe Gowda. In the 18th century, Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan rebuilt and expanded the complex.
As you privately tour Bangalore Fort with your guide, hear anecdotes about its historical role in the sultan’s resistance to British rule. Admire the Islamic style of the gate's intricately carved arches and glimpse the well-preserved 16th-century Ganapathi Temple within its courtyard, where Hindu devotees pay homage to Lord Ganesh.
Visit Tipu Sultan's Palace, a two-story teakwood palace completed in 1791 by the sultan as a summer retreat. Adorned with pillars, arches and balconies, it resembles the Daria Daulat Palace in Srirangapatanam. In the palace museum, marvel at the clothing and crown of Tipu Sultan as well as silver vessels given by a general to Hyder Ali.
Your guide will accompany you to Bangalore Palace, built by a Wodeyar king in the Tudor style. Gawk at its impressive Gothic windows, foiled windows, battlements and turrets. Walk through picturesque gardens leading to the main entrance, and view exquisite floral motifs, cornices and relief paintings that decorate the elegant palace walls and ceilings. Then, head to the Bangalore Palace gallery to see historical photos and elegant carvings on display before your guide delivers you back to your Bangalore hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Bangalore City Tour Including Bangalore Palace And Vidhana Soudha
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Bangalore City Tour Including Bangalore Palace And Vidhana Soudha
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees are recommended
Your guide is committed to minimizing our carbon footprint. For every tour, they pay a fee out of pocket to offset the carbon emissions created by the transportation used on this tour. Those funds go to organizations working toward a greener future
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.