Private Tour: Berlin Architecture Tour
OverviewDiscover Berlin’s architectural highlights with a knowledgeable private guide on this 4-hour sightseeing tour. Choose to do the tour on foot or by bike, and then explore the city, seeing the buildings, streets and squares that you want to see; the itinerary is tailored to specific requests! Admire modernist masterpieces at the Kulturforum, walk down Friedrichstrasse, learn about the architectural trio at Gendarmenmarkt, and hear how Berlin’s past political ideologies have influenced building designs around town.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourStart your tour at a time that suits you best – morning or afternoon – and then head out from your Berlin hotel with your guide, on foot or by bike. Your itinerary is flexible and tailored to your specific interests, so if there’s something you want to see more or less of, simply let your guide know!
The city boasts some of the world’s finest, and most intriguing, architecture with many buildings reflecting its rich history. The Communist-era apartment blocks of the east compete for attention with capitalist modern architecture of west Berlin, with each side showcasing their past political ideologies.
Learn about the city’s contentious urban planning schemes while visiting Friedrichstrasse -- one of Berlin’s busiest shopping streets -- and then head across town to see modernist masterpieces at the Kulturforum. Admire the center’s collection of cultural buildings and learn about the different artistic concepts that each one represents; the Philharmonic Hall is a perfect example of Expressionist architecture, contrasting against the Italianesque style of St Matthäus Church.
Take a look at the grandiose designs of Schinkel’s Altes Museum and Stüler's Neues Museum, and then explore Gendarmenmarkt where Berlin’s famous architectural trio – Deutscher Dom, Französischer Dom and Schinkel’s Konzerthaus – is found. Learn about the Bahaus style of architecture that was driven out of Berlin by the Nazis (who considered it too internationalist) and hear about the famous architects who brought the style into the German mainstream, like Gropius, Medelssohn and Poelzig.
After four hours of exploring Berlin with your private guide, seeing buildings imprinted by history, your tour finishes back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Berlin Architecture Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Berlin Architecture Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
You must contact your local operator at least 48 hours prior to arrival to arrange your personalized itinerary and hotel pickup details
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Berlin Small-Group Half-Day Walking Tour: David Bowie and the End of the World with a Historian Guide
- Small Group Introductory Tour of Berlin Capital of Culture Tyranny and Tolerance
- Private Tour: Potsdam Day Trip from Berlin
- Private Half-Day Minivan Tour from Berlin to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Private Custom Walking Tour of East And West Berlin Including Double-Decker Ride
- Berlin 3-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Combo Tour: City Circle Plus Mitte, Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg