Private Tour: Best Of Hue City Sightseeing
OverviewEmbark on a private tour of Hue, the former capital of the Nguyá»n dynasty, where you'll discover some of Vietnams richest royal history and majestic architecture. A knowledgeable, private guide accompanies you on a full day of sightseeing that includes visits to the Dong Ba Market, the UNESCO-listed Hue Imperial City (Hue Citadel) and the Royal Tomb of Tu Duc. Take a scenic boat trip on the Perfume River (Huong River) to Thien Mu Pagoda the citys oldest pagoda. Youll even meet a unique craftswoman who makes conical hats, and stop for a delicious lunch.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Following pickup from your hotel, your city tour starts at Dong Ba Market. Morning is the busiest time at the lively market, so it is the best opportunity to feast your eyes on the bustling scene as you watch locals purchase fresh produce from the vendors.
After your private guide introduces you to Vietnamese ingredients and other traditional goods, continue to Hue Citadel, the best-preserved remnant of the royal quarters that once existed at the UNESCO World Heritage site, situated behind high walls.
Spend a few hours walking around the complex with your guide, who enlightens you about fascinating architectural structures that include tombs, elaborate temples and the former Imperial Palace, revealing Vietnams regal legacy of Nguyen Emperors.
Once youve explored Hues royal grounds, meander down the Perfume River aka Huong River on a relaxing boat cruise to Thien Mu Pagoda, Vietnams tallest pagoda, which towers on the riverbank and dates back to 1601.
Next, fulfill your appetite with a Vietnamese lunch. Hue is known for its cuisine, and youll be delighted with a great meal in a beautiful setting at Madame Has Tinh Gia Vien restaurant.
In the afternoon, your guide takes you to a nearby village that specializes in producing incense. Just outside the village, a local craftswoman has been making conical hats, or non la, with just one hand since childhood. Observe her expertise at fashioning these beautiful creations that have become quite popular with visitors.
Continue on to Tu Duc Tomb, one of the most outstanding Royal Tombs, completed between 1864 and 1867. Considered one of the most beautiful works of royal architecture of the Nguyen Dynasty, the tomb is situated in a boundless pine forest, just 5 miles (8 km) from Hue. Stroll with your guide around the complex filled with temples and pavilions of the former emperors.
On the way back to the city, stop for tea break at a local caf, Vi Da Xua, located in the former residential area for Mandarins during the Nguyen Dynasty. Admire the traditional architectural wooden house with beautiful bonsai garden as you enjoy a beverage or snack (own expense), before your tour ends with private transport back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Best Of Hue City Sightseeing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned private car
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Tour: Best Of Hue City Sightseeing
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.