Private Tour: Bird Watching From The Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewNot many people realize that The Riviera Maya more specifically Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve is a great spot for bird watching. Along with our knowledgeable birding guide, you will experience a unique birding tour in the middle of the Mayan jungle, hiking to secret places to observe a wide variety of different bird species of the Yucatan Peninsula. A private tour just for you!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourEvery year thousands of migratory birds arrive to the Yucatan Peninsula and in addition to the marvelous endemic species of the area, this tour will not disappoint you. Your private guide will show you the best spots to catch a glimpse of these birds close to Tulum at Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, as well as give explanations about the jungle and its unique flora and fauna.
- 5:00 am pickup at your hotel at The Riviera Maya( Any hotel from Tulum to Playa del Carmen)
- 6:40 am start hiking through the Mayan jungle to observe the amazing Yucatan birds. Your certified guide will provide you with interesting information about the Peninsula’s different bird species and the area’s ecosystems
- 9:30 am snack time
- 10:00 am transfer back to your hotel
- 10:45 am arrival at your hotel in Tulum( 11:15 am Playa del Carmen 12pm in Cancun)
- Orange Oriole / Icterus auratus Endemic
- Rose-throated Tanager / Piranga roseogularis / Endemic
- Yucatan Jay / Cyanocorax yucatanicus Endemic
- Yellow-lored Parrot / Amazona xantholora Endemic
- White-bellied Emerald / Amazilia candida
- Ruddy Ground-Dove / Columbina talpacoti
- Vaux's Swift / Chaetura vauxi
- Cinnamon Hummingbird / Amazilia rutile
- White-fronted Parrot / Amazona albifrons
- Greenish Elaenia / Myiopagis viridicata
- Couch's Kingbird / Tyrannus couchii
- Green Jay / Cyanocorax yncas
- Tropical Gnatcatcher / Polioptila plumbea
- Clay-colored Thrush / Turdus grayi
- Summer Tanager / Piranga rubra
- Painted Bunting / Passerina ciris
- Hooded Oriole / Icterus cucullatus
Inclusions for Private Tour: Bird Watching From The Riviera Maya
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Bird Watching From The Riviera Maya
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.