Private Tour: Birdwatching In Dongtan Wetland Park From Shanghai
OverviewFor anyone fond of bird watching, Dongtan Wetland Park is a premier location. Situated at the eastern end of Chongming Island, the wetland-themed ecological park includes streams, gardens and marshes where more than 150 bird species have been spotted, especially during the fall and winter months on their migratory path. Travel by private vehicle from your hotel in Shanghai and walk with a knowledgeable guide along winding planks to viewing stations, where youll appreciate the up-close views. A perfect tour for nature lovers!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Around 3 million birds of 265 species spend the winter on scenic Chongming Island the third largest island in China stopping on their way from Siberia to the Southern Hemisphere on their migratory route. So far, around 150 species have been spotted at Dongtan Wetland Park, including cranes, swans, geese, white spoonbills, black-faced spoonbills, tufted ducks and many varieties of shorebirds.
After hotel pickup in Shanghai, drive to Chongming Island and follow your professional guide on a walking tour of Dongtan Wetland Park. Covering more than 150 square miles (240 square km), the ecological park includes common reeds, dense grass and a large well-preserved beach. A winding plank walkway takes you through marshes and across the water, where youll see wetlands on both sides. Your guide will point out landscaped hills, lawns, waterfalls, streams and gardens, including more than 186 types of trees and plants.
Enjoy the opportunity to appreciate the birds and natural environment as you walk through the marshes or stand at viewing stations, searching for birdlife through telescopes and binoculars made available onsite or bring your own!
Your private tour itinerary is flexible and your guide can recommend restaurants for you to try a variety of authentic Chinese foods for lunch (own expense).
Note: Fall and winter are prime seasons for watching migratory birds on Chongming Island. The Dongtan Wetland Bird Watching Festival begins in late October and lasts through early April.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Birdwatching In Dongtan Wetland Park From Shanghai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Birdwatching In Dongtan Wetland Park From Shanghai
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Bright clothing is not recommended
Feeding the birds is strictly prohibited
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.