Private Tour: Braganza House, Goa Chitra Museum, Palacio Do Deao And Ancestral Goa - PanajiWrite a Review
OverviewHeritage tourism in Goa is worth the time to invest in. Take a private tour as you will visit some of Goas most beautiful Indo-Portuguese establishments. See Ancestral Goa in Loutilim, Branganza Mansion, Palacio de Deo in Quepem and the Goa Chitra Museum.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your hotel lobby in Goa at 9am and head to Ancestral Goa. Study the enhanced evolution of architecture of Goa here through your guide. Visit the Braganza House which was built in the 17th Century. The artifacts, collected by the family over a number of years, has added to the beauty of the house. In the house lies a Great Salon, a large ballroom with the floor made of Italian marble, antique chandeliers from Europe adorning the ceiling and heavily carved, ornate rosewood furniture. What stands out among the furniture is a pair of high-backed chairs bearing the family crest which was given to the Pereira Braganza family by King Dom Luís of Portugal. Most of the furniture dates back to the 18th century and is made from local seeso (Martel wood).
Next head to Palacio do Deao, a Palatial house which occupies 11,000 sq ft of floor area. Enjoy the unusual style of architecture as it has an interesting blend of Hindu and Portuguese cultures. The Palacio do Deao was built in 1787, by a Portuguese noble man. With its rich history, unique architecture, art and artifacts, it is a showcase of Goan culture and tradition depicting the lifestyle of the past. You will enjoy Indo-Portuguese cuisine on the belvedere, overlooking the Kushavati River.
After sightseeing, stop for lunch around 1:30pm (at your own expense). Once finished, visit Goa Chitra Museum, a museum based in the former Portuguese colony of Goa. See a large collection of over 4000 artifacts focusing on Goa's traditional agrarian technology and lifestyle. The collection includes examples of local pottery, farming tools, musical instruments, ancient carts and palanquins from different points of the past. It also showcases an organic farm for the cultivation of various vegetables, herbs, spices, sugarcane, and rice, all staples of the area in coastal western India. End your journey at 4:30pm, sit back and relax on the drive back to your hotel in Goa.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Braganza House, Goa Chitra Museum, Palacio Do Deao And Ancestral Goa
- Private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Hotels South and North Goa Except Palolem, Agonda and Patnem Area
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
Exclusions for Private Tour: Braganza House, Goa Chitra Museum, Palacio Do Deao And Ancestral Goa
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
This private tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.