OverviewTake a private tour from Vancouver to some of its surrounding natural and historical highlights! Traveling by private vehicle with a guide, youll visit the old Britannia Mine, a National Historic Site; Shannon Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in British Columbia; and the Brackendale Eagle Habitat, where eagles catch salmon in the Squamish River. Plus, enjoy the scenic drive on the Sea to Sky Highway, the beautiful coastal highway along Howe Sound that connects Vancouver to destinations north. Lunch is included.
Know More about this tourYour private tour starts in the morning with pickup from your Vancouver hotel or other location. Based on how many people are in your party, you’ll travel with your guide by luxury sedan, limo, SUV or van.
Head north from Vancouver on Highway 99 — known affectionately as the Sea to Sky Highway for its prime location between the waters of Howe Sound and the coastal mountains — and travel for about 30 minutes to the town of Britannia Beach, a sleepy community that's home to the now-defunct Britannia Mine, an old copper mine that dates back to the late 1800s and is now a museum and National Historic Site.
Your 2-hour tour of the mine includes panning for gold and riding a mining car into the old mine. Learn about the history and importance of mining in British Columbia through the museum’s exhibits and underground tour, during which a museum guide will operate your mining car and provide commentary.
Back in your vehicle, make the approximate 10-minute journey to Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Columbia at 1,100 feet (335 meters). Walk through the forest to a lookout deck where you can admire the gushing waters that fall over the cliffs. (The walk to the lookout deck is about 10 minutes if you walk straight there; you can stop along the way whenever you want to take photos.)
After capturing the perfect photo of the falls, head to Brackendale Eagle Habitat, the third and final stop of your tour. A 15-minute drive north brings you to your destination on the Squamish River, where eagles go to catch salmon that are swimming upstream to spawn. Sit down to a two-course lunch of salad or soup to start, followed by a main course of wild salmon, BBQ chicken or half a rack of ribs, accompanied by veggies like asparagus, corn and potato salad (sample menu is subject to change). Coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic beverages are included.
When you’ve finished lunch, you’ll be returned to your pickup location in Vancouver.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Britannia Mine Museum, Shannon Falls And Eagle Habitat From Vancouver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury vehicle
- Gratuity of 15% for driver
- Private driver/guide
- All activities and admission to sites listed
Exclusions for Private Tour: Britannia Mine Museum, Shannon Falls And Eagle Habitat From Vancouver
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A maximum of 9 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Vehicle used: this will vary based on number of passengers and could be luxury sedan, van, SUV or limo
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.