Join a like-minded Local Host and discover Brixtons eclectic foodie scene, vibrant street art, community projects and box-park gardens, soaking up the unique atmosphere in this spirited London neighbourhood. Your Local Host will personalise and tailor your experience to your wants, needs and wishes.
Begin your day with a visit to the bustling Brixton market, a microcosm of the diversity, creativity, and sense of community that this area is known for. Offering everything from handmade leather bags and woven trinkets to organic produce and authentic street food from all corners of the Globe - youll see how the area has stayed true to its multi-cultural roots. Brixton has a great selection of local shops too; from an amusing second hand bookshop, to an established Fabric specialist, a vintage record shop to a Portuguese bakery, there's something for everyone.
If you're Keen to get out of the urban jungle for a moment, take a trip to a well-loved community garden. This place is proudly nurtured and maintained by local residents in the area and provides a relaxing contrast from the bustling vibe of the rest of Brixton. Your Local Host can introduce you to some of the best street art in London too, painted by the locals themselves. Brixton's urban art scene is ever-changing, and behind the vibrant and eclectic murals there are numerous stories and political messages which your Local Host can tell you more about.
Stop by one of the independent coffee shops for a hot cup of coffee, or if you're after something a little stronger your Local Host will be able to recommend some of the best spots to grab a cocktail or craft beer later on.
However you spend your day, you'll get to you know your Local Host and they can recommend the best local spots they know youll love, so you can eat, drink, shop and party like a local during the rest of your trip.
What To Expect
* Explore an exciting and multi-cultural local neighbourhood with a Londoner who's passionate about the area
* Discover unique street art and murals and hear the stories behind them
* Explore the streets, markets, local spots and pop-ups in the area
* Experience the community spirit of this neighbourhood when you visit community projects and a garden
* Explore a diverse local market selling everything from crafts to food, and stop for some global dishes
* Get tips from your Local Host for the best places to eat, drink and party like a local in the area