Set off on a half-day walking tour with your own private guide, learning all about the history and culture of beautiful Buenos Aires. Your guide will be a real porteÃ±o (resident of the city), who knows every barrio like the back of his/her hand. Together, you'll head off to explore some of city's historical hotspots, as well as some of the favourite local hangouts of your guides. Getting an inside glimpse of Buenos Aires, you'll go far beyond the guidebooks and swerve the tourist crowds, allowing you to see a different side of the city. At times, you'll take public transport to cover the larger distances, while most of the tour will be on foot.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Know More about this tourWe find that Buenos Aires is best explored on foot and by hopping on and off its unique public transport. There's so much going on in the street that you get a real feel for the life of the city just by walking around. During the tour you'll experience it accompanied by your private local guide. He/she will meet you at your hotel in the morning and you'll head off to La Boca to see this classic Italian neighborhood. It also houses the famous Soccer Stadium where the legendary Diego Maradona started his career. From there you'll go to San Telmo, home to the working class and a place where Porteos (inhabitants of Buenos Aires) gather to dine and dance. Then you wander down to Plaza de Mayo, the main square with its pink government building where Evita once stood on the balcony. It was here that the May Square Mohters demonstrated for years, demanding the government an explanation of what happened to their lost sons during the Videla dictatorial regime (1976-1983). Then you hop on the subte (metro) to Recoleta, with the stately old homes of the wealthy. This is the neighborhood where charismatic Queen Maxima of The Netherlands grew up. And it is also the location of the famous Recoleta Cementary, with the grave of Evita Peron. Then you bus to fancy Palermo with its many French influences, including great restaurants. Along the way your guide will show you tucked away secrets of each area, be it a backstreet cafe, some interesting architecture or a specialist shop. They'll plan the route depending on your interests and will seize the moment with suggestions on where to grab a tasty Argentine wine or the best ice cream, depending on what takes your fancy.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Buenos Aires Like A Local
Public transport fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Buenos Aires Like A Local
Hotel drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.