OverviewSee the highlights of Cape Town on a full-day tour, led by a local private guide! After enjoying panoramic city views from Table Mountain or Signal Hill, head into town to see the sights up-close on a walking tour. Pass colonial-era sights such as Company’s Gardens and the Castle of Good Hope, and then travel to Bo-Kaap neighborhood for photos. Enjoy free time at the V&A Waterfront, and then finish the day with a drive along the dramatic Atlantic coastline. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the city tour's highlights that interest you the most.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourStart your private tour with a pickup from your Cape Town hotel, and then travel into the center of town by air-conditioned minivan. As you travel, chat with your guide about the city and the attractions that you want to see; the itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to the sights you want to see.
Perhaps start with a cable car ride up Table Mountain, the city’s famous UNESCO World Heritage site. The ride is at your own expense and subject to good weather conditions, but once at the top the views are magnificent. Alternatively, skip the ride and travel up Signal Hill by minivan. The hill is a classic Cape Town vantage point and a picturesque spot for ogling the city and beach vistas.
Return to town for a walking tour around Cape Town itself. Wander past Company’s Gardens, a colonial-era park boasting a pretty Rose Garden and large fish pond, and then stroll to the Castle of Good Hope. Pose for photos by the star-shaped fort while hearing tales of its 17th-century history when the Dutch East India Company built it.
Walk along Grand Parade and past several sites linked to the city’s tenuous history with slavery such as Slave Lodge and the Old Slave Tree, and gaze at top Cape Town attractions including the Houses of Parliament and District Six Museum. Greenmarket Square and St George’s Mall are also worked in to your route.
Return to your minivan for a visit to Noon Gun — Cape Town’s historical time signal — plus the colorful neighborhood of Bo-Kaap. Stop for photos by the candy-colored houses, and hear how the district has changed from a shanty town to a vibrant city neighborhood with a melting pot of cultures.
Enjoy a break at the V&A Waterfront for lunch and perhaps a boat ride around the harbor (both at your own expense). After enjoying some free time, meet back up with your guide, and then relax on a scenic drive alongside the Atlantic coastline. Watch the waves crashing against the jagged shores, and pass through swanky neighborhoods such as Clifton and Camps Bay. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at your Cape Town hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Cape Town City Highlights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Walking tour of Cape Town
Exclusions for Private Tour: Cape Town City Highlights
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip Table Mountain cable car ride (approximately R215)
- V&A Waterfront boat ride (approximately R120)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: Wine tasting or pairings are not included for children under the legal drinking age of 18 years. Extra meals or drinks are under the adult’s responsibility and is not included in price.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.