Private Tour: Capodimonte Museum In NaplesWrite a Review
From USD 397
OverviewGain a fascinating insight into Renaissance and Baroque art from a professional art historian on this 3-hour private tour of Capodimonte Museum in Naples. Enter the museum and encounter masterpieces from some of the greatest Italian artists from history, including Titian, Caravaggio and Raphael. As you admire their work, discuss the significance and importance of each painting with your enlightening guide. Learn about the museum's history, which is housed in a former royal palace, and enjoy a truly informative experience with your private art historian guide. Entrance fees not included.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide at the Capodimonte Museum, a former royal palace that sits on a hill overlooking the city of Naples. This 18th-century building houses a magnificent array of art, including the collections from the powerful royal dynasties including the Farnese and Bourbon families.
Pay your entrance fee and enter the old royal abode, where many grand dining rooms and reception halls remain intact. Listen to your guide recount the history of the museum and the city of Naples, which was once a powerful maritime center.
Accompanied by a knowledgeable art scholar, navigate your way around the museum. Feast your eyes on an incredible display of art. See works by renowned Renaissance and Baroque masters, including Simone Martini, Raphael, Titian and Caravaggio. Discover more about the various styles and techniques that were used to create them, and learn about the evolution of Italian art through the ages.
If there is a contemporary exhibition on in the museum, head along to that too. Ponder the interplay between the modern aesthetic and the classical beauty of the Renaissance art. If any particular aspect of style interests you, feel free to engage in discussion with your expert guide; they will be by your side throughout.
After three hours of exploring the museum and examining its collections, bid farewell to your guide and finish your tour back outside where you began.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Capodimonte Museum In Naples
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Capodimonte Museum In Naples
- Entrance fees (7.50 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.