Private Tour: Cappadocia Full Day City Tour - Goreme
OverviewThis is the most popular tour in Cappadocia. Goreme Open Air Museum, Uchisar, Cavusin, Pasabag, Devrent Valleyand more.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
9:30am Your tour will start out Uchisar Castle. It is constructed on the highest point of the region. It has a totally distinct castle form including graves, tunnels and churches, that you cannot come across at any other place in the world.
Next visit the Goreme Open Air Museum is important to understand the influence of the religion, especially of Christianity, on the region. For good reasons it is the most famous attraction, a complex of several cave-churches with frescoes carved out by Orthodox monks between 900 and 1200 AD.
Leaving the museum an old Greek village will be next place in the tour. avusin is a village about 4 kilometers from Greme .The old village is largely deserted because the area has been plagued by rock falls. At avusin you can visit the Church of John the Baptist which probably dates back to 5th -6th centuries. The view of Rose Valley is excellent from this village.
The final view point before lunch is thePasabag Valley which is the best place to see three-headed fairy chimneys. Pasabag means the Pashas Vineyard, is surrounded by incredible natural rock formations; a spectacular scene.
Stop for lunch in Han Restaurant which is very cool and popular in the region.
After lunch explore the Pottery Gallery, since Hittites 2000 BC people could get the red clays (terra rosa) around Kzlrmak river which is the longest river of Turkey, and white clays ( caulin) from volcanic hills .They could use the clay to make pots and jars for their daily life by shaping the clay by their hand on the spinning wheels.
Once you are finished at the pottery gallery seee more and more of the beatiful landscapes of Cappadocia starting with the ruins at Devrent are spread over three valleys, which also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems. The fairy chimneys with caps, mainly found in the vicinity of rgp, have a conical-shaped body and a boulder on top of it. The cone is constructed from tufa and volcanic ash, while the cap is of a harder, more resistant rock such as lahar or ignimbrite. The fairy chimneys which are symbols of rgp are called holly spirit chimneys. There is mother, father and son fairy chimneys stay together.
The final stop of the day is a carpet factory! Every carpet, with its patterns, resembles a collection of messages, beliefs and symbols. Every pattern that is woven into a carpet is a picture of a feeling, a desire or a wish. So far as that every carpet represents a living history from the early ages to the present in which women have patiently and untiringly written their joys and sorrows in amazing codes and magic letters which are to be read line by line
Your tour finishes with drop off at your hotel at 5:30pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Cappadocia Full Day City Tour
- Professional and experienced licensed English speaking guide
- All local taxes and insurances
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Cappadocia Full Day City Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.