Private Tour: Cappadocia Village Tour - Goreme
OverviewA visit to a village house that you can see the lifestyle of a traditional Turkish family. Tea, gozleme and ayran are offered to the guests.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourOur "day with the villagers" begins with your driver and guide meeting you at your area hotel.
We will drive to the quaint, ancient village of Baskoy in the lower Cappadocia valleys. Cappadocia is traditionally a rural region with most villagers practicing sustenance farming - only with the recent influx of tourism has this changed in the more popular regions.
The local village life in Baskoy retains the charm of traditional Cappadocia. The daily life of a traditional farmer in this region is summer is growing all foods (including seeds and nuts) to preserve for the long winter. Women traditionally make all their own butter, cheese, yogurt - as well as pastas and breads. Most homes in this region feature the rural 2-story home with the livestock under the house and the living quarter for the family above. In Cappadocia the homes generally have one large room where the entire family eats and sleeps together.
Our tour will bring you to one family where you can experience the daily life - that could include making yogurt and butter, planting or harvesting, making syrups, etc. The experience is an authentic one - in that you will will be accompanying the local village woman (or man) in their daily life - not a staged class or situation. Most of our guests learn many new techniques for creative gardening, cooking, the art of making Turkish tea as well as getting to experience the hard-working, yet generous life and hospitality of the Cappadocia village family.
The tour includes transportation to/from the village and your hotel, lunch with the village family and a translator well versed in the local culture and traditions.
The tour is available year-round with spring, summer and autumn the more active times - in winter the daily activities center around staying warm, feeding the livestock and creating handcrafts (knitting, crocheting, sewing) for the coming year. It's an authentic experience and a way to immerse yourself into the local life for a day.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Cappadocia Village Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Cappadocia Village Tour
- Alcoholic drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Mazi Underground City Tour
- One day Konya Tour from Cappadocia
- Cappadocia Escape 2 Day Trip from-to Kayseri Airport
- Full day Cappadocia tour with sunset and a glass of wine
- 2 Days Cappadocia Tours From Istanbul by Plane
- 4 Days Istanbul to Cappadocia by Plane
- Daily Salt Lake Tour from Cappadocia
- Luxury Cappadocia Tours from Istanbul 3 days 2 night