Private Tour: Cerro Verde National Park Volcanoes And Lake Coatepeque From San Salvador
OverviewExplore the volcano complex of Cerro Verde National Park, which showcases some of El Salvadors most amazing volcanoes: Cerro Verde, Izalco and Santa Ana (Ilamatepec). This private day trip with an experienced guide takes you sightseeing along eco-trails into the inactive volcanic crater of Cerro Verde. Enjoy panoramic views of Izalco volcano and walk through a dwarf forest to see Santa Ana volcano. Finish at the volcanic Lake Coatepeque, noted as one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Round-trip hotel transport by comfortable, private vehicle from San Salvador is included.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide upon hotel pickup and set out by comfortable vehicle from San Salvador. Your day trip takes you to Cerro Verde National Park to explore the stunning landscape for a full day. During the drive, your guide will prepare you for what to expect of El Salvadors most distinctive natural attractions: the volcano complex of Cerro Verde, Izalco and Santa Ana.
Upon arrival in the park, start with a refreshing 45-minute sightseeing tour on foot along densely forested eco-trails to Cerro Verde, an inactive volcano located at an altitude of 6,670 feet (2,035 meters) amid 1,235 acres (500 hectares) of natural landscape. Walk an easy path through the clouds around the crater, and venture inside, where cool temps hover between 53 and 57 degrees Fahrenheit (12 and 18 degrees Celsius).
After strolling through a lush habitat that includes a splendid variety of flowers and 17 species of humming birds, emerge for panoramic views of Izalco volcano. Also known as the Lighthouse of the Pacific, the red glow of its lava led boats to reach the Acajutla port for nearly a century and a half. Then take in the sight of Santa Ana volcano, aka Ilamatepec volcano. El Salvadors highest volcano, it's surrounded by a dwarf forest, low-lying bushes and giant agaves, among other fascinating plants in the unique and misty landscape.
Departing Cerro Verde National Park, youre taken to Coatepeque Lake, formed by the collapse of two volcanic cones inside a crater. Relax along the lovely shore and enjoy lunch (own expense) at one of the lakeside restaurants, which your guide can recommend. If you'd like, take an optional boat ride on the lake or choose from a variety of additional activities such as paragliding, waterskiing and jet skiing (each at own expense) before returning to San Salvador, with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Cerro Verde National Park Volcanoes And Lake Coatepeque From San Salvador
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Cerro Verde National Park Volcanoes And Lake Coatepeque From San Salvador
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional boat ride and additional activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen and a camera
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Half Day or Full Day Tour of San Salvador Including The Devil's Door
- Full Day Tour: Coffee Manufacturer and Thermal Water of San Salvador
- Full Day Tour to Salvadorean Villages
- Joya de Cern, San Andrs and Tazumal Pyramid Archaelogical Tour from San Salvador
- San Salvador Stopover Brewery Tour
- San Salvador Stopover City Tour and Adventure