Private Tour: Chiang Mai Arts And Cultural Center With Trishaw Ride And Wat Phra Singh
OverviewDelve into the royal and cultural history of northern Thailand on this private half-day tour. Start at Wat Phra Singh (Temple of the Lion Buddha), considered the citys most revered Buddhist monastery since the 14th century. Then ride a trishaw to the Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Center, where modern multimedia exhibits educate visitors about regional traditions and royal dynasties. Your informative guide is available to answer questions and offer commentary tailored to your interests. Depart in the morning or afternoon, with round-trip hotel transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Upon pickup by air-conditioned minivan, depart from your hotel in the morning or afternoon and head to Wat Phra Singh, aka the Temple of the Lion Buddha. During the roughly 30-minute drive, chat with your knowledgeable guide about the half-day itinerary ahead; the advantage of a private tour is that what you learn can be tailored to your interests.
You have about an hour to explore 14th-century Wat Phra Singh, Chiang Mais most important Buddhist temple. Observe hundreds of monks and pilgrims gathering at this major monastery, which includes a fully restored assembly hall featuring Phra Chao Thong Tip, a large seated Buddha statue cast in gold and copper, and two medieval Buddha statues.
Step into the Gilded Hall, renovated in the 19th century and considered a fine example of Lanna monastic architecture and religious art. (Lanna was a kingdom in northern Thailand from the 13th to the 18th centuries.) Your guide will point out the Phra Singh (Lion Buddha) and the mural- and stencil-covered walls containing illustrated stories. Admire the opulently carved gables and ornate red-and-gold designs, and ask any questions youd like.
After your temple tour, take a foot-pedal trishaw ride with your guide to the Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Center. During your 1.5-hour visit, stroll through the elegant building and pore over the exhibits at your own pace. The museum houses a permanent exhibit that takes visitors through the regions culture in chronological order, from prehistory to the present, while another section houses short-term local exhibits of all types.
At the modernized, multimedia cultural education center, guides dressed in traditional Thai clothing welcome you to watch an orientation video about Chiang Mai and northern Thailand. Then gain insight into religious traditions, agricultural history, hill-tribe peoples and other regional cultures, as well as the history of the royal dynasty via videos, scale models, life-size models, photos, wall murals and text.
Learn about development plans over the next two decades at the Chiang Mai in the Future exhibit, where your guide can translate the Thai descriptions and point out parts of the city, before your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Chiang Mai Arts And Cultural Center With Trishaw Ride And Wat Phra Singh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Trishaw ride
Exclusions for Private Tour: Chiang Mai Arts And Cultural Center With Trishaw Ride And Wat Phra Singh
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Chiang Mai Airport
- Private Transfer: Chiang Mai Airport to Four Seasons Hotel Arrival Transfer
- 1 Day Bike and River Kayak Adventure from Chiang Mai
- Full-Day Jungle Kayak Mae Wang Rock Hopper Trip from Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Rainforest Canopy Zipline Adventure
- Chiang Mai City and Temples Half-Day Tour