Private Tour: Chiang Rai City Sightseeing
OverviewDiscover the highlights of Chiang Rais culture and history on this daylong private tour with a professional guide. Check out stunning teakwood buildings, temple artifacts and botanical gardens at Mae Fah Luang Art and Cultural Park; see items used by Thai royalty at the Oup Kham Museum; see the artisitic modern Wat Rong Khun also known as the White Temple; sample delicious northern Thai food at a local restaurant and check out the bountiful offerings at the central market. Youll gain insight into northern Thailands rich culture as you get to know this fascinating city!
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAfter your private guide picks you up from your hotel, youll head to the Mae Fah Luang Art and Cultural Park. Enjoy strolling through beautifully landscaped botanical gardens as your knowledgable guide shares the history of Chiang Rai and the Lanna (northern Thai) kingdom. Marvel at Haw Kham (Golden Pavillion), a striking teak building which showcases ceremonial temple artifacts as well as the Phra Pra Toh wooden buddha.
After the manicured beauty at Mae Fah Luang, get a taste of daily life with a visit to the central market. Have fun wandering through stalls piled with a colorful array of fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, prepared foods, spices and more. Your guide answers any questions you may have as you explore the bustling marketplace.
When you have worked up an appetite, take a break for lunch at a northern Thai restaurant. Your guide can explain the menu and suggest classic dishes to sample, such as khao sawy, a rich noodle soup topped by crispy noodles and condiments, or flavorful northern Thai sausages accompanied by sticky rice.
After lunch, youll catch a samlor and visit a private museum called Oub Kham. The museums name comes from its masterpiece: the oub kham (golden bowl) used by royalty for important rituals. You'll also see an impressive collection of silverwork, textiles, clothing and other artifacts once used by northern Thai nobility, including rare pieces from Burma, China and Vietnam.
To wrap up your days explorations, head to Wat Rong Khun, an unusual temple designed by Thai artist Chalermchai Kositpipat. Marvel at the mix of traditional Buddhist elements with modern references to superheroes and space travel, among many examples of the amazing decor on the temple. The artist sometimes called Thailand's Picasso continues to work on the temple, which was started in 1997 and will be worked on for decades to come.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Chiang Rai City Sightseeing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Samlor ride
Exclusions for Private Tour: Chiang Rai City Sightseeing
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout this tour; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.