Private Tour: Chiclayo City Sightseeing And Witch Market
OverviewBetween your tours to Chiclayos many archeological sites and museums, spend a morning getting to know the city itself on this private sightseeing tour. Youll visit the pretty Paseo de las Musas, as well as Plaza Principal, the main square, home to two of Chiclayos top landmarks the cathedral and Municipal Palace. Then discover the citys most fascinating attraction, the Witch Market, where youll browse shops chock-full of traditional healing remedies like herbs, animal skins and mystery potions. A private guide provides you with more personalized attention and guidance.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup by your private guide, your 1-hour Chiclayo city tour starts at the Paseo de las Musas (the Walk of the Muses), a pleasant park in the city center. Stroll through the park with your guide to the Greek-style pavilion that features the elegant statues of the nine Greek muses, who were the daughters of Zeus. As you admire the detailed sculptures of Calliope, Clio and the rest, your guide will tell you about the artist, Peruvian Miguel A Diaz, and explain the motto written on the pavillion Heroica Ciudad de Chiclayo (Heroic City of Chiclayo).
Next, head to Chiclayos nearby main square, Plaza Principal (also known as Parque Principal), and learn from your guide why the main square is not called Plaza de Armas like most other main squares in Peru. Admire the squares colonial architecture and neoclassical cathedral, which was built in 1869 and designed by Gustave Eiffel (of Eiffel Tower fame). Then visit the Municipal Palace across the street for a quick tour. Originally built in 1919 during Chiclayos Republican period, it was destroyed by a fire and rebuilt in 2006 as a museum.
Your city tour ends at the Witch Market, where you have about 1.5 hours to spend with your guide, who can help translate and explain the purpose of the market. Part of the larger city market, Mercado Modelo, the Witch Market (Mercado de Brujos) is a section of shops and stalls where local curanderos (native healers, or shamans) sell the herbs and other ingredients used in their traditional healing remedies. Youll see all kinds of things, from herbal tonics and powders to shark jaws, snake skins and turtle shells. Talk to the vendors, with the help of your guide, to find out what ailments go with which remedies, and purchase anything that looks interesting.
After the Witch Market, youll be driven back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Chiclayo City Sightseeing And Witch Market
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Chiclayo City Sightseeing And Witch Market
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Recommended you wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and sunblock
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.