Private Tour: Chittaurgarh Fort From UdaipurWrite a Review
OverviewJoin us for the full-day private guided tour from Udaipur! You will visit the sprawling Chittaurgarh Fort, Tower of Victory (Vijay Stambh), Tower of Fame (Kirti Stambh), Rana Kumbha Palace and Padmini Palace. Your private guide will provide expert commentary and round-trip hotel transport by air-conditioned vehicle is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tour
A private air-conditioned vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Udaipur by 8 am and transfer you to Chittorgarh (approx. 2 hours). Chittaurgarh Fort is the largest fort in India and the grandest in the state of Rajasthan. It was ruled initially from 7th century until it was finally abandoned in 1568 after the siege by Emperor Akbar. It sprawls majestically over a hill 180 m (590.6 ft) in height spread over an area of 280 hectares (691.9 acres) above the plains of the valley drained by the Berach River. The fort precinct with an evocative history is studded with a series of historical palaces, gates, temples and two prominent commemoration towers.
You will see Vijay Stambh, the Tower of Victory, built in 1440 AD by Maharana Kumbha to commemorate his victory over Mohamed Khilji. This 9-storyed tower is adorned by sculptures of Hindu deities around. There are around 157 narrow steps leading to the terrace where the balconies give a beautiful top angle view of the whole town. We will also take you to Kirti Stambh, the Tower of Fame that was dedicated to Adinathji, the first Jain Teerthankar adorned by the naked figures of the Digambars. The 22 metres high tower was build by a wealthy Jain merchant in the 12th century A.D with a narrow stairway goes through seven stories of the tower to the top.
We will also visit Rana Kumbha Palace known the ruined edifice of great historical and architectural interest as the most massive monument in the Chittaur Fort. The palace is believed to have underground cellars where Rani Padmini and other women committed Jauhar. Stopover at Padmini Palace that is built beside the lotus pool with a historical pavilion that changed the history of Chittor. Ala-ud-din saw the reflection of Queen Padmini from here and from the moment his quest of possessing her led to a furious battle which saw the last of Maharana Ratan Singh, the husband of Maharani Padmini. The epitome of beauty has became an eternal legend in the history of Chittor.
After the guided tour ends, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Udaipur.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Chittaurgarh Fort From Udaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Udaipur
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Chittaurgarh Fort From Udaipur
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.