Private Tour - Colle Val D'elsa And Its Untouched Beauty - Pisa
OverviewVisit with a tour guide Colle Val dElsa, that is one of the symbol of the Renaissance time, one of the less contaminated village by tourism, one of the best and authentic Tuscan city. Do not miss this special experience in Tuscany, between history, traditions and funny anecdotes!
Know More about this tourThe oldest part of the town is the "colle alta", the higher part, with a well-preserved medieval center. The town developed along the river from the 11th century onwards, building an artificial canal to power various industrial activities, such as wheat mills and paper factories. From the 14th century, it was a possession of Florence and the Grand Duchy of Tuscany until the unification of Italy in 1860. In the 20th century, it became an important industrial center. Today it is internationally renowned for the production of crystal glassware and art (15% of world production), largely produced in the industrial lower town.
Colle Val dElsa is even the birthplace of important people as the sculptor and architect Arnolfo di Cambio, the poet Isabella Cervoni, the poet and peinter Mino Maccari etc. Here Carlo Collodi got the inspiration for is famous novel: Pinocchio, which entertain so many children of the world.
In Colle there is not only history, the Middle Ages atmosphere, the Renaissance building, churches and curiosities. It is located very close to the river Elsa, where we will walk to relax and enyoj a day off from tourist, shops and museums.
Inclusions for Private Tour - Colle Val D'elsa And Its Untouched Beauty
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Tour - Colle Val D'elsa And Its Untouched Beauty
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged XX and under
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Chianti Classico Tour with Lunch from Pisa
- Chianti Wine tour on the Tuscan hills from Pisa or Lucca
- Excursion to Pisa with the Leaning Tower - skip the line
- Chianti Classico tour with dinner by Minivan from Pisa or Lucca
- 2-Hour Guided Tour of Uffizi Gallery from Pisa
- Leaning Tower of Pisa Tickets
- Chianti Half-day Wine Tour in the Tuscan's Hills from Pisa
- Pisa Segway Tour