From USD 43
OverviewDiscover colonial Arequipa on this private sightseeing tour that will introduce you to some of the citys most important historical sites. With a knowledgeable private guide, visit several districts, including Cayma and Vallecito, and explore landmarks like the 17th-century Recoleta Convent and the colonial-era Casa del Moral. Youll also enjoy fabulous views of Arequipa and its spectacular scenery from the Carmen Alto viewpoint.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your hotel in a private vehicle, your colonial tour of Arequipa begins in the district of St Lazarus, where Arequipa was founded in 1540. Walk around for a bit with your guide, who will tell you about the history of the city, and then hop back in your vehicle to cross the River Chilli by way of the Grau Bridge on your way to Carmen Alto viewpoint.
When you arrive at Carmen Alto, grab your camera and admire the wonderful views of the farming terraces and stunning volcanic landscape that surround the city. Then head into the Cayma district to visit the Church of the Candelaria Virgin, which dates back to the 17th century.
Next, visit the Recoleta Convent, also known as the Monasterio de la Recoleta and founded in 1648 by Franciscan friars. Explore the monastery with your guide, admiring its lovely courtyard and cloisters and visiting its well-known library, if you wish.
Continue south to the residential neighborhood of Vallecito to see the iron bridge designed by Gustave Eiffel (of Eiffel Tower fame), before making your way to some of the colonial homes back across the river, including the Casa del Moral and the Casa de Tristan del Pozo. Arequipa is famous for its colonial architecture, including its old homes, and these are two of the best in the city, particularly the Casa del Moral, built around 1730.
Tour the large home with your guide, taking in its baroque-mestizo architecture, colonial paintings and library. Don’t forget to snap a photo of its namesake – the two-centuries-old mulberry (mora) tree in the courtyard.
When your enlightening tour of the city’s beautiful historical sites comes to an end, you’ll be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Colonial Arequipa Including Recoleta Convent And Casa Del Moral
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Colonial Arequipa Including Recoleta Convent And Casa Del Moral
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.