Leave your Cairo or Giza hotel by minivan and start your 3-hour tour. If you have any particular areas of interest, let your private guide know. Your commentary and itinerary can be tailored to your wishes. Head into Coptic Cairo, an area also known as Old Cairo. This colorful quarter is the original home of the Coptic Christians, one of the worlds oldest Christian denominations. Stop to see the Hanging Church, aka St Virgin Marys Church. Built in the 7th century, this old church takes its name from its location: sited above a gateway in the old Roman fortress. Admire the courtyard and interiorwith its screens, marble pulpit and icons, and hear about its long history. Next, after a visit to the Monastery and Church of St George, an early 20th-century church that is the only round church in Egypt, call at Abu Serga, a 5th-century Coptic church. View the 24 interior columns and 12th-century icons on the walls, and learn how the church stands where the holy family is thought to have stayed during their flight into Egypt from Israels King Herod. Then, take a look at the Ben Ezra Synagogue, once a Christian church, before finishing your tour at the Coptic Museum, located in one of Coptic Cairos oldest areas. See some of the 16,000 ancient artifacts on display, including precious icons and books that illustrate the history of Egypts Coptic community. Before your tour ends, take the opportunity to visit a papyrus institute to see artisans paint on this natural material, and perhaps purchase some artworks. Your 3-hour tour then ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Cairo Or Giza hotel
OverviewDiscover the historical treasures of the Coptic Christian community on this 3-hour private tour of Coptic Cairo. Travel into this captivating neighborhood, also known as Old Cairo, with your private guide, and visit a medley of early, icon-adorned churches, including the Hanging Church and Abu Serga, where the holy family is said to have found refuge. Learn about Egypts rich Coptic heritage, and visit the Coptic Museum, a treasure trove of ancient artifacts that tell the story of this Christian community, one of the worlds oldest.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Private car
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.