The starting time of this tour is flexible and at your convenience. Your local tour operator will contact you after booking is confirmed for more information, and your private guide will pick you up from your downtown Chengdu accommodation in the morning at requested time.
Logistics of this tour will be arranged as per your request. You may take public transportation or a private vehicle at your own expense to enjoy a full day of sightseeing catered to your preferences. Your private guide will escort you to explore Chengdu like a local and give you detailed introduction on the city.
Discuss with your private guide on options listed below according to your interests and time and you will received suggestions for itinerary of the day based on local traffic condition and other factors. Options for Chengdu city sightseeing include:
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda: See adorable furry giant pandas of all ages eating and playing with each other.
- Sanxingdui museum (Three-Star Piles Museum): Rich in historical, cultural, and scientific values, it is one of the museums boasting the most spectacular relics of Chinese civialization.
- Dujiangyan irrigation system: The oldest and only surviving non-dam irrigation system in the world.
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage: A 24-acre park and museum in honor of the famous Chinese poet, Du Fu, of Tang Dynasty.
- Wuhou Temple: A historic woodland temple complex built in honor of a third century military strategist.
- Jinli Street: An ancient pedestrian street filled with restaurants offering local cuisine and souvenir vendors
- Wangjiang Pavalion Park: Famous for its cultural heritage of ancient architectures, Wangjiang Pavilion and Xue Tao Memorial, and unique collections of rare bamboo species.
- Luodai Old Town: Suburban Chengdu known for its Hakka culture.
- Tianfu Square: Modern business center of Chengdu
- Wide and Narrow Alley (Kuanzhai Xiangzi): The last remnants of the Old Shaocheng part of Chengdu where Qing Dynasty homes of the Imperial officials and soldiers are situated.
- Happy Valley: An amusement park in Chengdu.
- Leshan Giant Buddha: A 233-feet (71-meter) tall stone statue carved out of a cliff in Tang Dynasty.