Private Tour: Dachau Concentration Camp Tour From Munich
OverviewTake a private tour of Dachau Concentration Camp, the first Nazi concentration camp, on a half-day trip from Munich. Led by a private guide, the tour introduces sites like the camps original administration headquarters and the Arbeit macht frei gateway. You'll hear stories about Dachaus former prisoners and, as the commentary can be tailored to suit you, you'll have the opportunity to learn about the topics that interest you most.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Munich Central Station or your centrally located Munich hotel, thentake a train to Dachau where a bus will then transport you to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site.
During the Holocaust, Dachau was referred to as the parent camp, serving as a training ground for the genocide during the Third Reich. A staggering range of persecuted people were sent to Dachau including communists, German dissidents, gay men, Jehovahs Witnesses, Jewish peopleand Polish citizens and it's thought that upward of 200,000 people were once imprisoned here.
Today the camp stands as a memorial site with many of its original features serving as reminders of a time in history that should never be forgotten. Explore the site with your guide, and see the gatehouse with its Arbeit macht frei(Work makes you free) gateway, a bunker and a crematorium. You can also visit the administration headquarters and see the rail platform where prisoners once arrived.
As you walk around, listen to your guide give the background on each site, learning about Nazis whose names were linked to the camp. The leader Heinrich Himmler set up Dachau, and Theodore Eicke later used it as a place to train theSS (Nazi secret police) guards.
If there is something you would like to know more about, simply let your guide know. After exploring the camp, take some free time to browse the museum or eat lunch (own expense) in the visitor center, and then return by train to Munich Central Station.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Dachau Concentration Camp Tour From Munich
- Private guide
- Round-trip train ticket
Exclusions for Private Tour: Dachau Concentration Camp Tour From Munich
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not recommended for children under 12 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please advise at time of booking if you prefer to meet your guide at your centrally located Munich hotel or at Munich train station
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.