Private Tour: Daily Life In Renaissance Venice
OverviewThe Renaissance in Venice was a rich and ominous time. New trade routes around the globe meant money and new products, but there was a looming threat from the Ottoman Turks. This 3-hour tour gives you an insiders look at what life was like during this period. The guide, a scholar of the period, leads you through the city, pointing out hidden signs, such as a symbol on a building faade or above a doorway, that reveal what life was like more than 500 years ago. Depending on time and your inclination, the tour can include the Palazzo Mocenigo, which houses the Museum of Fabric and Costume History. This is a private tour limited to six participants, so youll have your guides undivided attention.
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourTravel into the past and learn about daily life in Renaissance Venice. The Renaissance, which lasted roughly from 1350 to 1550, was a prosperous time for the city, and with this private tour youll discover a lot about the lives of the Venetians in their golden age.
Meet your guide, a scholar of the city and the time period, in central Venice and begin a stroll through the city and over some of its many bridges. The guide might point out a symbol over a doorway or note the name of a bridge and explain how this reveals a great deal about what life was like for merchants and traders, fishmongers and artists. Learn about the social and political functions of the citys squares and open spaces. And find out what some of the decorative motifs affixed to the faades of houses and palaces show about the politics and class issues of the time.
The tour also covers the clothing fashions, personal hygiene, etiquette, sex lives and leisure time of Venetians during the time period.
If time allows and you wish to see the Museum of Fabric and Costume History, inside the Palazzo Mocenigo (entry fee not included in tour price), your guide will accompany you, and the tour will end there. Get an up close look at the clothing of the day as the guide explains in further detail the function of fashion during the Venetian Renaissance.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Daily Life In Renaissance Venice
- Professionally guided tour led by a field specialist
Exclusions for Private Tour: Daily Life In Renaissance Venice
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (9.50 euros)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Venice Grand Canal Evening Boat Tour
- Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Guided Tour in Venice
- Venice for Kids: Family-Friendly Small-Group Walking Tour
- Murano Glass Experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory
- Secret Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride