Private Tour: David Gareja Complex And Sighnaghi From TbilisiWrite a Review
OverviewThis day trip combines visiting David Gareja Lavra Monastery and caves and an excursion in Sighnaghi, a small town in Kakheti surrounded by the remnants of 18th century fortifications. You’ll have pleasant walk in David Gareja semi-desert, explore the caves and monasteries where monks still live, have picnic lunch in the nature, and enjoy sightseeing in Sighnaghi.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourIn the morning, the guide and driver will pick you up from your place of stay in Tbilisi and you’ll head to David Gareja complex via Sagarejo village. Turning from the Eastern main road we will drive on a dirt road to semi-desert. The complex was established in 6th century AD by one of the 13 Assyrian monks and expanded through the centuries. Here you’ll have a tour in the caves and monasteries and enjoy 2-3 hours easy trekking in the semi-desert.
After have a picnic lunch near the site, head further east to the town of Sighnaghi. On your way, you’ll visit Bodbe monastery, located about 10.5 miles (2 km) from Sighnaghi. The monastery is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia, due to its association with St. Nino, the 4th century female evangelist in Georgia.
In Sighnaghi, a small town surrounded by 18th century defensive wall and remnants of fortifications, take a relaxing walk in the town, explore the defensive wall and fortifications and enjoy the views of Alazani Valley.
In the evening drive back to your place of stay in Tbilisi.
Inclusions for Private Tour: David Gareja Complex And Sighnaghi From Tbilisi
- Entrance fees
- Picnic lunch
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: David Gareja Complex And Sighnaghi From Tbilisi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Trekking to certain parts of David Gareja is subject to favorable weather conditions. In case of rain or snow you'll skip sightseeing in Udabno caves for your own safety and will be offered an alternative excursion in Ninotsminda Monastery.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.