Private Tour: Day Trip To Kanchipuram Temple City From Chennai
OverviewDiscover a mix of India's religious culture and architectural heritage on this private tour to Kanchipuram, The City of Thousand Temples, from Chennai. With your private guide, visit several historically important temples, including Sri Ekambareswarar Temple, Kailasanathar Temple, Varadaraja Perumal Temple, and learn about the history of Hinduism and the goddess Shiva in India. Youll also witness an intricate silk-weaving demonstration and enjoy an authentic Indian lunch.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your hotel in the morning by air-conditioned vehicle, your private guide will take you to Kanchipuram, located about 45 miles (72 km) southwest of Chennai. Coined The City of Thousand Temples, Kanchipuram is considered by the Hindus of India as one of the countrys seven holiest cities.
With your guide, visit several temples and learn about the importance of the Hindu goddess Shiva. Explore Sri Ekambareswarar Temple, the citys largest temple and one of the five major Shiva temples that each represents a natural element. Built around 600, this temple symbolizes Earth.
Then, visit Kailasanathar Temple, the oldest temple in Kanchipuram, built in the early 8th century. Explore this sandstone compound and admire the fascinating carvings, including half-animal deities that were popular during the period of early Dravidian architecture.
Next, head to Varadaraja Perumal Temple, one of the Divya Desams -- the 108 Vishnu temples believed to have been visited by the 12 poet saints, or alwars. Built in 1053, this astounding temple complex contains 32 shrines and 389 pillared halls.
After spending 30-45 minutes at each temple, stop by the nearby silk shop -- Kanchipuram is famous for its hand-woven silk sarees to see a silk-weaving demonstration. Watch local artisans take pure mulberry silk of various dazzling colors and create beautiful sarees embellished with fine gold thread.
In between sightseeing, youll enjoy an authentic Indian lunch in Kanchipuram at a restaurant carefully chosen by your guide. After your enlightening full-day tour, youll be taken back to your Chennai hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Day Trip To Kanchipuram Temple City From Chennai
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Day Trip To Kanchipuram Temple City From Chennai
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.