Private Tour: Day Trip To Kumbhalgarh From Udaipur
OverviewKumbhalgarh Fort, the second most important fort of Rajasthan, is located 64 km from Udaipur in Rajasmand. This unconquerable fortress is secured under the protection of the Aravali Ranges. The Fort was built by Maharana Rana Kumbha in the 15th century. The fortifications of the fort extend 36 kilometers in length and it is said to be the second longest wall in the world, the first being The Great Wall of China.
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Your private driver will pick you up in an air-conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Udaipur and leave for Kumbhalgarh Fort (approx. 1.5 hours). On the way experience a zigzagging road through deep ravines and thick forests leading to Arait Pol. Meet your guide upon arrival in Kumbhalgarh.
The Kumbhalgarh Fort is known for seven large gates and walls folded into one another toughened by curved bastions and large watch towers. The strong structure and solid foundation with walls broad enough to stand eight horses side by side have made it unbeatable. There are no less than 360 temples inside the complex; amongst all of them, Shiva Temple is most worth visiting as it comprises a huge Shivalinga (Phallic form). It is also known for its famous palace that resides at the top of the structure. This beautiful palace is named Badal Mahal meaning "Palace of Cloud". It is also accredited to be the birth place of great warrior Maharana Pratap. Its beautiful rooms are covered in a lovely combination of green, turquoise and white presenting a bright contrast to the earthy colors of the fort. Badal Mahal also offers a fantastic panoramic view of downtown.
Before the tour ends, your driver will transfer you back to your hotel in Udaipur.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Day Trip To Kumbhalgarh From Udaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Udaipur
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Tour: Day Trip To Kumbhalgarh From Udaipur
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Evening Excursion: Historical Mewar Sound and Light Show from Udaipur including Dinner
- Half-day Excursion of Ranakpur Jain Temple from Udaipur
- Private Day-Trip To Ranakpur And Kumbalgarh From Udaipur
- Full-Day Private Tour of Udaipur City Monuments
- Private Day Tour of Kumbhalgarh from Udaipur
- Private Walking Tour: Walk Into the Lives of Udaipur's Artisians