Private Tour: Day Trip To Pestera And Magura Authentic Mountain Villages From Brasov
OverviewThis private tour takes you straight to the heart of rural life in Romania. See some local houses, visit the Bat Cave, take a trek through the local mountain forests, and learn about a way of life that’s slowly disappearing. Also, we can visit Bran Castle a.k.a Dracula's Castle, in the morning.
- Excellent value for money
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourNestled in the Piatra Craiului National Park Mountains in the Southern Carpathians, the villages of Pestera an Magura offer an authentic glimpse into rural Romanian life. Your immersive, full-day tour begins in central Braov, where youll meet your local guide and board a private vehicle for the 45-minute drive to the village. Along the way, let your guide know if you have any specific interests so he or she can customize the days itinerary.
Learn about the history of the villages, where the traditional industries of sheep farming and cheese making are still practice by many of the villages. Visit the Bat Cave about 10 minutes. Next, set off into the surrounding hills and meadows og Magura village for a moderate guided hike for 2 to 3 hours. Let your guide know if you prefer to hike for longer or shorter, and go at a pace thats comfortable to you.
Make a stop to the oldest guest house in the National Park. Meet some of the farmers, and sample two-three different kinds of cheese.
After working up an appetite, we have a hearty lunch. Savour simple Romanian cuisine home-made from local farm-fresh ingredients including eggs, vegetables and pork. Purchase beer or wine to top off your meal. From the guest house we have a walk in Pestera Village back to the car, about 1 hour. We can visit also the local church.
Relax on the scenic return drive to Braov.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Day Trip To Pestera And Magura Authentic Mountain Villages From Brasov
- Private guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned car
- Visit to the Bat Cave and to the oldest guest house in the National Park
- Cheese tastings
Exclusions for Private Tour: Day Trip To Pestera And Magura Authentic Mountain Villages From Brasov
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Important note about Pestera and Magura Village - in those 2 villages the people never died because of cancer or heart attack - they leave an healthy life: working the land, taking care of animals (sheep and cows), preparing and eating home made food from their small farm (meat, eggs, milk), drinking fresh water from the spring and home made alcoholic drink called "tuica" made from different fruits as apples, plums, pears!
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.